Job Title: Junior Project Manager
Location: HQ, Bologna, Italy
Department: International Programs Department
Type of contract: 6 months, renewable (CoCoCo)
Starting date: Mid/End March 2021
Gross salary: To be defined according to the candidate’s profile
Application deadline: 15th of February 2021
We World-GVC, recently constituted from the merger of two NGOs, is an Italian secular and independent organization working since 1971 in international cooperation and humanitarian aid. Present in 29 countries with 128 projects, We World-GVC operates in the following areas of assistance: human rights (gender equality, prevention and combating violence against children and women, migration), humanitarian aid (prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation), food security, access to water, health and hygiene, education, global citizenship education, quality teaching and international volunteering. We World-GVC works mostly with girls, boys, women and youth, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world. Supports people overcoming emergencies and guarantees a life with dignity, opportunities and a better future through human and economic development programs, in the framework of the 2030 Agenda. Joining the We World-GVC team means being part of the development of a dynamic organization where the contribution of each staff member is promoted and valued, working together towards the collective achievement of shared goals and vision.
The Junior Project Manager will be responsible for the management of the identified projects under the EU Aid Volunteers initiative.
The EU Aid Volunteers initiative is funded by the European Commission’s department for Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO) and managed by the EU Executive Agency for Education, Audiovisual and Culture (EACEA). The program provides opportunities to European citizens and long-term residents with more than 18 years old to get involved and support the needs-based humanitarian aid in third countries and engage in volunteering opportunities, through the deployment of junior/senior profiles and online-volunteering. The EU Aid Volunteers program will be soon included under the European Solidarity Corps.
In this framework, WeWorld-GVC is recruiting a Junior Project Manager who will work under the direct supervision of the Coordinator of the EU Aid Volunteers Initiative and will be responsible for the successful implementation of the projects, achieving the objectives in the respect of time, quality and budget requirements.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Direct responsibility for the planning, implementation and management of the projects’ activities, ensuring accurate and timely reporting according to WeWorld-GVC and donor requirements.
- Develop and maintain appropriate, regular, transparent and supportive communication structures with projects partners and stakeholders.
- Manage the project budgets ensuring all expenses are in line with the established budget and the organizational financial management standards, including accountability and good governance, in collaboration with WeWorld-GVC Administrator.
- Ensure that all expenditures comply with WeWorld-GVC and donor Financial Rules and Regulations.
- Participate in coordination meetings and internal meetings.
- Support constant and cooperative relation with Donors.
- Monitor projects progress.
- Prepare activity/projects reports and analysis of the data collected on a regular basis or upon request of Donors, supervising the quality and transparency of data reported.
- Archive properly and systematize projects documentation.
- Other tasks as requested by the Coordinator of the EU Aid Volunteers Initiative.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Possessing a Bachelor or Master degree in International Relations, Political Science, International Cooperation or other relevant field.
- Fluency in Italian and English (advanced verbal and written skills).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of European funding landscape, including programmes, specific calls and criteria and requirements for EU proposals
- At least 1 year of professional experience in project management of EU-funded projects. Experience with projects funded by EACEA and EU Solidarity Corps will be as an asset)
- Previous experience with local or international NGOs will be considered an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Capable of working in team and supporting staff and partners in all phases of the Project Cycle Management.
- Excellent communication skills and sensitivity in dealing with partners and stakeholders on critical issues.
- Willing to work in close cooperation with partners.
- Very flexible, patient and with a positive attitude.
- Dynamic and willing to take initiative to complete tasks assigned.
- Problem-solver approach with demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and creating efficiencies.
- Strong commitment to the Mission of WeWorld-GVC, genuine interest for international cooperation development topics.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the NGO values and ethical standards; displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Send your CV and Cover Letter applying https://weworld.intervieweb.it/it/career
Only preselected candidates will be contacted; the applications will be reviewed as they are received and the position may be awarded before the deadline. The research is open to everyone without distinction of gender (L. 903/77 and 125/91) and to people of all ages and nationalities, pursuant to Legislative Decree 215-216/03.