FOOD SECURITY COORDINATOR
Starting date: June 2021
contract duration: 12 months (renewable)
Duty station: 60% Kapenguria/Sigor; 40% Nairobi
Deadline for submission: 04/04/2021
Objectives and general characteristics
(S)he is responsible for the management, coordination and implementation of CEFA led components of the EU funded project “Support for Resilience for Sustainable Livelihood in West Pokot County”. The Livelihood Coordinator is responsible for all the programmatic aspects as well as the overall management of administrative and financial aspects, logistic, security, Human Resources, quality Control of CEFA component of the project and the representation of the organization with external stakeholders.
Areas of Responsibility
- (S)he is responsible of the overall project coordination, implementation and monitoring of the CEFA’s led component of the project as stipulated in the MoU with the lead applicant and relevant project documents as approved by the donor ;
- (S)he is in charge of providing high level liaison and coordination services with the other NGOs that make up the Ustahimilivu consortium and other relevant stakeholders, such as local authorities, and representation of CEFA in key meetings;
- (S)he efficiently coordinates, train and support the project staff in the execution of their functions towards a successful achievement of project and organizational goals, and prepare their performance appraisals as per CEFA HR policy;
- (S)he is responsible of the M&E of the project and ensure correct implementation of M&E plans and tools, financial forecast plan and regular reporting according to requirements of the donor and CEFA;
- (S)he recruits project staff and consultants for studies, training and other activities when required (including drafting of ToR);
- (S)he attends coordination meetings and other meetings organized by the consortium leading coordinator and liaises with the other consortium members to ensure integration and consistency with the other components;
- (S)he supervises and coordinates preliminary studies in collaboration with the CEFA technical experts and project field coordinator; and baselines for the component under the responsibility of CEFA;
- Provide technical support and guidance in the field of food security and livelihood to all the consortium members;
- (S)he carry out procurement processes according to CEFA and Donor procedures (including tenders) with the support of the Procurement and Logistic Officer and Project Administrator;
- (S)he is the budget holder and manages the project budget (budget forecasts and follow up), the fund requests to Nairobi Regional Office, administrative and financial management of the project including revision and validation of monthly expenditures and accountability and collection of the necessary documentation for the financial report;
- (S)he contributes to the writing of concept notes and project proposals to co-fund the project;
- (S)he informs the RC of any change/problem about the project, that may compromise the observance of the contractual bonds and/or the staff management and/or the presence and the good name of CEFA in the area/country;
- (S)he is in charge of the communication, branding and visibility material as per Ustahimilivu consortium and Donor guidelines;
- (S)he carries on the performance appraisals of CEFA staff assigned to the project.
How to apply
NB: THIS IS AN INTERNATIONAL CONTRACT POSITION
Please send a resume and cover letter to:
Subject line: “food security coordinator WP”
Kindly include 3 professional references including the supervisor of the last position covered.
The management reserve the right to close this position before the deadline if the right candidate is identified.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.