Project Manager – KCEP
Vacancy posting date: 01/03/2021
Application deadline: 15/03/2021
Project titles: “Increasing Access and Planning for Efficient Cooling Solutions in Jordan”
Start: May 2021
Project duration: 18 month
Employment type: full-time
Duration of the contract: 1 year
Projects background and description:
The candidate will be responsible for managing a project funded by ClimateWorks Foundation within the framework of the Kigali Cooling Efficiency Program. K-CEP sits at the crossroad of the Montreal Protocol, the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, and the Sustainable Development Goals. It will support energy-efficient, low-GWP cooling in developing countries and focus not only on airconditioning and refrigeration, but also on other cooling solutions such as building design, shading, cool roofs, and super-efficient fans. In this way, K-CEP aims to contribute to major global efforts to end poverty, protect the planet, and ensure prosperity for all. ICU project’s aim is to provide technical assistance to the Government of Jordan (GoJ) in upgrading its National Determined Contribution (NDC) to include efficient and climatefriendly cooling and in defining a strategic and financial action plan for the fulfilment of the established target. Pilot interventions in public schools will also be implemented and technical guidelines for intervention in public buildings will be released, to demonstrate how new enhanced NDC can be practically reached.
• Advanced university degree in Energy/Mechanical/Environmental Engineering or related fields
• Excellent knowledge of Italian and English. Knowledge of Arabic will be an advantage.
• Strong organisational skills in managing several groups of articulated activities simultaneously.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with diverse stakeholders and institutional actors.
• Capacity to manage human and financial resources in order to achieve the objectives within the planned timeframe.
• Experience in the climate change/energy sector.
• Experience in administrative and logistical management performed personally.
• Previous experience in Jordan is an advantage.
1. Overall supervision of the implemented activities to ensure that the project objectives are achieved within the prescribed timeframe and within the parameters of the funding received. Responsibility for the overall quality and management of the project;
2. Coordination with the Ministry of Environment and its technical team to support the revision of the NDC and develop the strategic action plan;
3. Direct management, direction and coordination of project activities in coordination with partners and local stakeholders;
4. Reviewing the terms of the project proposal in order to determine timelines, financial constraints, procedures for achieving objectives, characteristics of personnel and allocation of available resources at the various stages of the project;
5. Selection and management of local staff, supervision and monitoring of their work;
6. Management and responsibility of the on-site bank accounts relating to the project;
7. Formulation of project management documents and regular transmission to the NGO headquarters: operational planning and its updates, quarterly planning of fund transfers in the field, monthly progress of activities in the country of reference and related expenditures, interim and final reports and respective statements according to EU regulations;
8. Mobilization of additional funding to expand project activities;
9. Preparation of dissemination material;
10. Need assessment and elaboration of new project proposals agreed with ICU office especially for the expansion on the programming in the energy/climate change sector in Jordan.
How to apply:
Send to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org a UNIQUE PDF document containing:
1) CV updated in English
2) Motivation letter in English
The subject of the email must be “Project Manager KCEP | Application for LAST NAME and NAME”.
Please note that only pre-selected candidates will be contacted.