CONCORD is seeking a highly-motivated individual to join the Membership, Outreach and Communication Team as a Communication and Media Assistant.
CONCORD is the European Confederation of relief and development NGOs. We are made up of 57 member organisations: 28 national platforms, 25 international networks and 4 associate members, which together represent over 2,600 NGOs, supported by millions of citizens across Europe. We are the main interlocutor with the EU institutions on development policy, funding and practice.
CONCORD is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. All employment decisions are made entirely on merit.
You will work together with the Communications Officer to implement and monitor all CONCORD communications in alignment with our vision, strategy and values.
Key areas of work and learning
– Assist in drafting monthly newsletters;
– Learning how to use Mailchimp;
– Update website and upload documents upon request;
– Learning how to use WordPress;
– Draft targeted messages for publications, events, and media;
– Improve writing skills to draft short, sharp texts;
– Learning how to build a communication plan and toolkits;
– Learning about media relations and how to develop press releases;
– Learning about visual communication;
– Assist in event communication, administration and logistics;
– Learning how to use video and live streaming programmes;
– Learning how to live tweet and use digital tools to facilitate reporting;
– Assist in updating social media;
– Learning how to use social media for effective communication;
– Monitor international and EU-level news on development and humanitarian assistance;
– Learning about European development policy;
– Assist in maintaining the online and offline library;
– Learning knowledge management;
– Support in the development and implementation of the communication strategy;
– Learning strategic analysis and planning of communications.
The successful candidate will understand and be committed to CONCORD’s vision and goals and be able to contribute to CONCORD’s ambition to pursue a transformational agenda at EU level.
– University student or graduate (preferably in communication, development studies, political science or EU studies);
– Knowledge of, and passion for, social media and online communication channels, including the use of content management systems (CMS);
– Competence with standard Office software, Adobe tools, Mailchimp and WordPress;
– Layout and graphic design skills are an asset;
– Experience with non-governmental organisations/value-based organisations;
– Interest in and good knowledge of EU politics and processes including issues pertaining to sustainable development, is desirable.
– Strong communication mindset (capacity to break down complex, technical issues into user-friendly texts);
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
– Knack for planning, organising and strategic thinking;
– Team player capable of working in a dynamic and multi-cultural NGO environment;
– Native-level written and spoken English; working knowledge of French desirable.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Contract: 6 months 100% position (“CIP”) with possibility to renew once under certain conditions
Location: Brussels, Belgium (home-working until law allows to come back to the office)
Gross salary: €813 per month
Other benefits: minimum of 20 days vacation pro rata, meal vouchers and a monthly commuting allowance on local public transport or by bicycle.
The position will be supervised by the Head of Membership, Outreach and Communication.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested, please upload: 1) a CV (max. 2 pages, no photo), 2) a cover letter explaining your motivation (max. 1 page) in the portal below. Documents must be sent on a single PDF. Please note, only applications and CVs written in English will be accepted.
The closing date for applications is 9 May 2021 COB. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The first round interviews will take place on 19 May 2021.
Please, be aware that to be selected for this position, you must have the right to legally work in Belgium at the time of submitting your application.