Chi stiamo cercando?
Siamo alla ricerca di un/una collega per gestire due progetti di ricerca europei, REXUS e LENSES, sul nesso fra acqua-cibo-energia. I due progetti indagheranno inoltre gli usi dell’acqua per l’agricoltura, l’energia e la conservazione ecologica.
Etifor restores the balance between humans and nature. How? By improving the value of nature through science, innovation and governance. Our work is to help clients increase economic, environmental and social benefits of policies, projects and investments. Together we will challenge environmental and social issues with the aim of enhancing nature.
Being part of our team also means sharing our values; the only thing that matters to us is how green your heart is and not your background, origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities (check out our ethical code).
We are looking for:
- a dynamic and resourceful collegue, able to work independently, while supporting the team members to deliver high quality scientific and technical projects to improve water governance, policy, economics, planning, etc.
- a colleague with high interpersonal skills, able to maintain a friendly and interactive working environment
- a systematic person able to develop smart tools and methodologies
- a co-worker familiar with EU-funded project management and with good written and oral communication skills.
If you feel that way then you’re the person we’re looking for!
- Job responsabilities
Manage two EU research projects, REXUS and LENSES, on water-food-energy nexus, exploring the tradeoffs among water uses for agriculture, energy, and ecological conservation. Etifor is a project partner within the consortium, not the coordinator. So you will be responsible to coordinate the working packages within Etifor’s responsibility. You will be supported by other Etifor team members, including a financial project manager.
- Represent Etifor during EU project meetings and establish close relationship with project partners and the coordinator.
Perform relevant research in the field of nature-based solutions, economic sustainability, policy and governance, within the water-food-energy nexus.
- Develop new project proposals and deliver technical consultancies in the field of water management, with preferences for the agricultural sector.
- Manage an increasing project portfolio in the above-mentioned topics.
- Engage actively in the shared-management, team and strategy building activities of the company.
- Coordinate with team members at Etifor, and report to the Unit Director.
Other responsibilities may be added to value specific skills of the candidate.
Qualification, experiences and skills required
- To apply, the Master’s Degree (MS) is mandatory
- MSc related to natural resource management, environmental agronomy or resource economics, are a plus.
- Any MSc will be evaluated if backed up by relevant experience in the field of water management. PhDs will be a plus.
At least 1 year experience in one or more of the following roles:
- Management of EU funded projects in the environmental, water, agricultural sector (Horizon, Erasmus+, LIFE, etc.);
- Research activities in natural resource management, water conservation, sustainable agriculture.
- Experience within public or private entities in charge of water, land, protected areas management (irrigation consortiums, water utilities, agricultural and/or forestry agencies).
- Candidates with previous experiences or that are familiar with water-food-energy nexus, water conservation, sustainable agriculture, nature-based solutions, green infrastructure, evaluation frameworks, stakeholder engagement, are particularly welcome. We welcome both senior or junior profiles, what we look for is the best fit, within the company and team members.
Training and economic terms can be discussed depending on the experience.
- Fluency in English and Italian. Preferences for candidates with knowledge of other international languages
- Strong level of computer literacy (Office, cloud services, etc.)
- Strong technical communication, writing and editing skills
- Scientific approach and attitude to research
- Use of GIS is welcome
- EU project management
- Commercial, marketing attitudes and professional use of social media are a plus