Cesvi has been working in Palestine since 1994 and it has developed over the years an expertise in the area of solid waste management, water and sanitation. Cesvi implemented various projects in partnership with relevant actors in the sector and active participation in the WASH cluster and other coordination networks.
Cesvi is currently implementing projects in the in East Jerusalem, Hebron and Gaza, in consortium with local and international partners. The ongoing projects are funded by EU,), SDC and HIF.
The main activities included in the SDC and HIF projects are:
- Data collection and laboratory testing: data collection on current WASH practices; development of a simplified methodology for the evaluation and adaption of filters to the local context; test of the filters in laboratories;
- Filters/Hand washing facilitates adaptation and distribution
- Monitoring and Implementation based on behaviour change strategy / RANAS approach
- Data analysis: elaboration of data and training materials;
- Development of a strategy to encourage and maximize sharing of data, methods and insights among the partners and a wider audience
- Dissemination of research findings and incorporation of recommendations in design of interventions. –
The Project manager will work under the supervision of the Head of Mission and s/he has to coordinate with the Country Administrator
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- S/He will directly plan project and activities under the supervision of the Head of Mission
- S/He will coordinate the local, international staff, partner and lead applicant
- S/He will ensure the project reporting in accordance with the deadlines, (activity planning, monthly project progress and final report).
- S/He will work in close in collaboration with the Country Administrator in budgeting, forecast and control of financial flows and planning and with the Head of Mission
- S/He will provide the processing of any potential project amendment or extension within the due times.
- S/He will be directly responsible for field staff recruitment and coordination.
- S/He will conduct training /mentoring /coaching for project staff team on an ongoing basis.
- S/He will guarantee that all the activities are in line with Donors’ and Cesvis’ procedures and rules.
- S/He will report to the donors and ensure the quality and accuracy of the technical information provided.
- S/He will actively participate to the Wash Working Group.
- S/He will write new project proposals in coordination with HQ and the field.
- S/He will liaise with relevant stakeholders.ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
- University or Master degree in engineering, or related field in wash sector expertise
- Minimum 3 years’ project management experience in a NGO, including experience directing and implementing programs in both protracted crisis and development contexts
- Minimum 1 year as technical advisor in NGO, or researcher in Universities directing implementing research and innovation projects
- Specific studies or training on data collection and visualization
- Solid experience in needs assessments and project proposal and reporting
- Experience in managing wash projects
- Knowledge of financial rules and regulations of International donors as EU, AICS (Italian Cooperation Agency), etc.
- Knowledge of effective financial and budgetary planning and control
- Solid diplomatic and leadership skills in managing a variety of internal and external relationships, especially with partners
- Capacity to acting effectively as a team member
- Self-motivated, flexible, resilient, able to take initiative and work independently
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- High level of IT skills (Windows, Office package)
Excellent knowledge of English written and spoken.
- Knowledge of financial rules and regulations of International donors as SDC and HIF
- Prior working experience in the Middle East and / or in the Occupied Palestinian Territory
- Knowledge of Arabic
Cesvi has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners.
Cesvi commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process performance.
Please note: due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.