Cesvi is operating in Libya since 2011 as the first Italian NGO to take action, in the aftermath of the Arab Spring, through humanitarian projects in Cyrenaica and Tripolitania. Nowadays Cesvi is one of leading NGOs in Libya, very active in the coordination of various sector working groups – in particular protection ones – with a diverse donors’ portfolio and serving all vulnerable target populations. In detail, Cesvi has been implementing programmes supporting mixed migrants, IDPs and vulnerable host communities through service provision. This include center-based and outreach protection activities (including child protection and GBV), warehouse management, non-food distributions, awareness-raising activities, psychosocial support, referrals to external services, cash assistance and non-formal education.
UNHCR: Protection and lifesaving assistance to refugees and asylum seekers (Tripoli)
UNICEF: Psychosocial support and remedial education for children of IDPs and refugees (Tripoli – Misrata and Zwara)
EU Trust Fund: PEERS: Protection Enabling Environment and Resilience Services (Misrata)
EU-DG NEAR CSO: Strengthen the capacity of CSOs and informal groups in the South and East of Libya
The collaboration will start in September 2021.
The main duty station will be the Country Office in Tunis, with a minimum of 50% regular stay in Libya (Tripoli, Misrata and other relevant locations), when security conditions allow it.
The current Libya set up implies 4 consecutive weeks in Libya, 4 weeks in Tunisia. (Covid 19 specific: IF 1 week quarantine back in Tunis is required this will counted as week in Tunisia). Set can change depending on mission/logistics and context needs
The Operations Managerreports to the Head of Mission. He is a key member of the Senior Management Team, an essential and central body in the daily and strategic running of programs.
Line Manager: Head of Mission
In direct cooperation with: Senior Management team
This position supervises: 1 Logistics and Security Manager (Libya), 1 Procurement manager (Libya), 1 Logistics Assistant (Tunisia).
The primary responsibility of Operations Manager is to provide logistics and procurement services and solutions and security for Cesvi Libya mission at the field level. The Operations Manager represents the logistics, procurement and security team internally and externally.
S/he supports the implementation of procedures and; sets internal support mechanisms and is accountable for overall logistics, procurement, IT support, and security to all field locations.
In particular the Operations Manageris in charge of:
- Logistics and Procurement Management
- Safety, security, movement and access management
- Facilities management (assets, buildings, warehouses)
- COVID-19 Crisis Response Lead
Logistics and Procurement Management (50%)
In compliance with Cesvi policies and procedures: proposing, harmonizing and maintaining effective standardized logistics and procurement procedures and policies across the missions and according to donor requirements including procurement, asset management and IT procedures and mechanisms.
Lead efforts to procure all goods and services for the program providing strategic and technical guidance throughout the procurement cycle, from prequalification exercise, to procurement plans, preparation and follow up till vendor performance evaluation
Provide input on logistics & procurement matters to the Senior Management team for proposals and report writing
Accountable for the delivery of Logistics and procurement services to programs in all field locations
Communicate regularly with the logistics & procurement team and the Head of Mission to achieve a thorough understanding of the priorities within the logistics and procurement activities
Safety, security, movement and access management (30%)
- In collaboration with and under the supervision of the Head of Mission, review, update and ensure Safety, security, movement and access for the mission.
- Report about any issues concerning the risks, protection and safety of staff, resources and operations
- Investigate and follow up on security incidents where Cesvi staff or assets are involved
- Produce and disseminate security risk analysis that track incidents and trends within the missions
- Conduct risk assessments of contracted and prospective offices and residences.
- Conduct field trips and risk assessments of prospective new area of intervention and/or transit.
Facilities management (assets, buildings, warehouses) (10%)
- Management and supervision of all operational aspects of assets, property, buildings and warehouses
- Review, update and ensure implementation of the Warehousing Management System in case of new project demands (i.e. including delivery of goods in conflict areas)
COVID-19 Crisis Response Lead (10%)
- Lead Cesvi Libya-Tunisia COVID-19 Crisis Management Team (CMT)
- Responsible for development and implementation of preventive and contingency measures, plans and SOPs, to support program continuity and staff safety against COVID-19 in compliance with HQ guidelines and international good practices
- Mission Focal Point for COVID-19 related internal queries, issues, affected staff, providing advice, guidance and reassurance to personnel
- Appointed UN COVID-19 MEDEVAC System Focal Point
- Degree in a relevant field: Logistics Operations, Supply Chain, International Development, International Relations, Political Science. Master’s degree or other professional degree desired.
- Minimum of 5 years of job experience relevant to the function in a comparable environment with non-governmental organizations
- Significant and demonstrable experience in procurement, vendor and contract management
- Security analysis and reporting
- Capacity to conduct risk assessments, analyse the data and make suggestions on best practices
- Broad knowledge of characteristics relevant to conflict-affected or post- conflict contexts.
- Experience in functional and line management of both international and local staff in complex environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication and ease in managing a multi-cultural team
- Good team leadership and conflict resolution skills, consensus team building, and adaptability
- Good oral and written English
- Good computer and IT skills and strong communication and writing skills
- Ability and willingness to work in difficult places and in changing security scenarios with or without reasonable accommodation
- Prior experience in Libya
- Combined experience or position in both Logistics and Security
- Experience of coordinating activities across locations, also remotely
- Knowledge of Arabic
- Knowledge of French
Cesvi has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners.
Cesvi commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process performance.
Please note:due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.