EMERGENCY is looking for an Intern to support the International Communications Department. The candidate will work within a tight-knit team which is dedicated to expanding the organisation’s profile and reach in its key markets around the world.
Commitment, attention to detail and a high degree of flexibility are important attributes for the successful candidate, as well as a desire to pursue a career within the non-profit sector in the future.
The position has a reporting line to the International Communications Officer and International Communications Lead. This position will take place remotely, with the opportunity to work in one of EMERGENCY offices depending on COVID-19 restrictions and the candidate’s location.
This internship will begin as an unpaid position for an initial period of two months. After this period, the candidate may be invited to continue in a paid internship position.
• Drafting content (blogs, press releases, social media content) in English
• Edit, adapt and proofread communications content in English.
• Analyse data and present it in a compelling way.
• Schedule and publish content on social media channels and websites.
• Monitor communications performance, including both digital and press.
Education and previous experience:
A background and interest in communications will be considered an advantage. Knowledge of international affairs, humanitarian principles, and the countries that EMERGENCY works in would also be advantageous. Due to the nature of the key responsibilities, a native-speaker level of English is required for this position.