Research and Data Analyst Specialist – Libano
Position: Research and Data Analyst Specialist
Reporting Relationship: MEAL Manager
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Type of contract: 6 months
Starting Date: ASAP
Application Deadline: 16th of June 2021
WeWorld-GVC, recently constituted from the merger of two NGOs, is an Italian secular and independent organization working since 1971 in international cooperation and humanitarian aid. Present in 29 countries with 128 projects, WeWorld-GVC operates in the following areas of assistance: human rights (gender equality, prevention and combating violence against children and women, migration), humanitarian aid (prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation), food security, access to water, health and hygiene, education, global citizenship education, quality teaching and international volunteering. WeWorld-GVC works mostly with girls, boys, women and youth, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world. Supports people overcoming emergencies and guarantees a life with dignity, opportunities and a better future through human and economic development programs, in the framework of the 2030 Agenda. Joining the WeWorld-GVC team means being part of the development of a dynamic organisation where the contribution of each staff member is promoted and valued, working together towards the collective achievement of shared goals and vision. At present, the main donors are Italy (AICS), the EU (DG ECHO), UNICEF, OCHA, and Belgium (DGD).
WeWorld-GVC has been working in Lebanon since 2006 and is currently supporting vulnerable populations through WASH, shelter, basic assistance, water governance, livelihood, and rural development interventions, in North Bekaa and Akkar. WeWorld-GVC interventions aim to increase the populations’ resilience, enhancing the communities’ capacity to find, within its fabric, the skills and resources necessary to grow in a self-sufficient manner. The mission counts more than 70 employees, divided into four offices (Beirut, Zahle, Ain, Kobayat). The main donors of the mission are ECHO, EU, AICS, and AFD.
Purpose of the Role
Under the direct supervision of the MEAL Manager, the Research and Data Analyst Specialist (R&DA) aims to support the mission on the technical design, quality and monitoring of data processes. The R&DA is also responsible for the analysis of qualitative and quantitative information to produce relevant products in coordination with the MEAL, Programs and Advocacy Managers, according to the mission and projects’ needs. In addition, the R&DA has the responsibility of capitalizing on the experience of its work and the needs of the mission to support the development of rigorous analytical process and coordination.
Main functions and duties
- Conduct data analyses of the information coming from data collection processes as part of the mission project’s objectives, to provide relevant and sound results to inform MEAL, programs and advocacy.
- Design mechanism to ensure the quality of the data to be analyzed, considering any data cleaning/wrangling needed before the process of analysis.
- Participate in different workshops and meetings related to the types of analysis that can be produced from the different components of the mission’s projects.
- Explore the management of qualitative and quantitative data to produce a clear design of analysis and explore its standardization for its reproduction in other projects or contexts.
- Produce and update information products such as dashboards, reports and infographics using data visualization instruments.
- Draft and triangulate qualitative and quantitative information, including secondary data from thorough literature reviews, in form of comprehensive reports or research papers.
- Inter-departmental support in designing and reviewing research and data collection methodologies and tools.
- In coordination with the Programs Manager and MEAL Manager, support in establishing and maintaining partnerships with relevant stakeholders for joint and external data collections exercises and research projects.
- In coordination with the MEAL Manager and MEAL Officers, plan and provide the necessary training, ensuring the staff is capacitated for data collection exercises and usage of MEAL tools.
- Capitalize on the experience and limitations identified in the mission to optimize general analytical process, data management and coordination, bringing in lessons learnt from implementation and analyses and collaborate with MEAL and Programs Managers to improve such processes.
- Capitalize and provide feedback to the mission representatives on any other matter relevant for the development of rigorous analytical process (data collection, data cleaning, monitoring, evaluation etc).
- Support the development of learning, lessons learnt and best practices material and roll-out of training or dissemination sessions/events.
- Support the design, roll-out and monitoring system of the mission-level qualitative and quantitative indicators aligned to the 2030 Agenda.
- Draft end-user and/or technical documentation to support the team staff, seconded staff, partners or consortia.
- Provide basic training to end-users on the use of standard data collection/management/analysis systems and tools.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- University degree in Engineering, Computer and Data Science, Statistics, Information Technology or related fields.
- Solid computer literacy, including proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.).
- Ability to draft, report and communicate results internally and to external stakeholders.
- High proficiency in English is mandatory.
- Minimum of 2 years proven experience in using research methodologies and quantitative and qualitative data analysis (including collecting, cleaning and triangulating information).
- Experience with statistics and data science toolkits (R, Stata, Python, etc) and data visualization applications (MS Power BI, Qlick, Tableau).
Skills and Attitudes
- Strong flexibility and capacity to adapt behavior to the needs of the situation.
- Capacity to work autonomously and in problems prevention/resolution.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks while fostering quality, team spirit and positive working relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to identify, initiate and maintain good relationships with partner organizations, donors and national authorities including building professional relationships with senior decision-makers and influencers / leaders.
- Good communication, negotiation skills and sensitivity in dealing with local institutions on critical issues.
- Cultural, gender, religion, and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Strong commitment to the Mission of WeWorld-GVC, genuine interest for international cooperation development topics.
- Previous experience in working in WASH Projects.
- Acquaintance with mapping tools, such as ArcGIS or QGIS.
- Knowledge in Project Cycle Management.
- Experience with database management, including knowledge of database management languages (eg SQL).
How to apply
Please, send your CV and Cover Letter by applying here: