Project manager & Technical Advisor – Palestina
Cesvi has been working in Palestine since 1994 and it has developed over the years an expertise in the area of solid waste management, water and sanitation. Cesvi implemented various projects in partnership with relevant actors in the sector and active participation in the WASH cluster and other coordination networks.
Cesvi is currently implementing projects in the in East Jerusalem, Hebron and Gaza, in consortium with local and international partners. Future projects are expected to be funded by GIZ
The main activities included in the two GIZ projects ( 1 study and 1 project ) are:
- Data collection for base line and case studies development (waste characterization and the calorific value at the different location).
- Writing of a comprehensive study
- Dissemination of research findings / data visualization of the data collection
- Meetings and coordination with donors and local and international stakeholder
- Definition and implementation of an operational management plan for the WEE facility
- Organize and follow up of technical trainings
- Organize, implement and monitor the business plan of the WEE facility
- Facilitation in the implementation of the policy dialogue
- Support the WEE member in Multi-stakeholder dialogue
- The collaboration will start in mid-July/August 2021
- The main duty station will be in Jerusalem with frequent travels in the West Bank.
The Project manager & Technical advisor will work under the supervision of the Head of Mission and s/he has to coordinate with the Country Administrator
Main tasks and responsibilities:
– S/He will directly plan project and study activities under the supervision of the Head of Mission
– S/He will coordinate the local, international staff, partner and lead applicant
– S/He will ensure the project reporting in accordance with the deadlines, (activity planning, monthly project progress and final report).
– S/He will work in close in collaboration with the Country Administrator in budgeting, forecast and control of financial flows and planning and with the Head of Mission
– S/He will provide the processing of any potential project amendment or extension within the due times.
– S/He will be directly responsible for field staff recruitment and coordination.
– S/He will conduct training /mentoring /coaching for project staff team on an ongoing basis.
– S/He will guarantee that all the activities are in line with Donors’ and Cesvis’ procedures and rules.
– S/He will report to the donors and ensure the quality and accuracy of the technical information provided.
– S/He will actively participate to the Cluster
– S/He will write new project proposals in coordination with HQ and the field.
– S/He will liaise with relevant stakeholders.
- University or Master degree in engineering, or related field in waste sector expertise
- Minimum 3 years’ project management experience in a NGO, including experience directing and implementing programs in protracted crisis
- Minimum 1 year as technical advisor in NGO, or researcher in Universities directing implementing research projects
- Solid experience in needs assessments and project proposal and reporting
- Experience in managing waste projects
- Knowledge of financial rules and regulations of International donors as GIZ
- Knowledge of effective financial and budgetary planning and control
- Solid diplomatic and leadership skills in managing a variety of internal and external relationships, especially with partners
- Capacity to acting effectively as a team member
- Self-motivated, flexible, resilient, able to take initiative and work independently
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- High level of IT skills (Windows, Office package)
- Excellent knowledge of English written and spoken.
- Prior working experience in the Middle East and / or in the Occupied Palestinian Territory
- Prior working experience in business development of SMEs
- Knowledge of Arabic
Cesvi has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners.
Cesvi commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process performance.
Please note:due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.