Center Officer – Grecia
Role: Logistics Officer
Location: Samos, Greece
Direct supervisor: Program Manager
Contract: Minimum 6 months, 1 year preferred
Still I Rise, an international NGO, works on the development and implementation of humanitarian projects aimed at the education and support of refugee children and teenagers, is looking for a Logistics Officer to join its current staff. The selected person will join the team in Samos, Greece and will be responsible for the organization and management of operations at our youth center. This position involves working both independently and within a coordination team whilst leading our volunteer team. The Logistics Officer will be a proactive and energetic person with strong organisational abilities.
Still I Rise runs education programs within Mazi, our youth center, which can serve up to 130 refugee students aged 10-17 years. Currently, due to COVID-19 restrictions and earthquake damage, we are operating from a temporary location with reduced capacity. We will return to our original centre as soon as possible.
- Responsibility for the smooth running of all center operations.
- Responsibility for all the renovations and maintenance of the center, including formation of insurance policies, fire and earthquake plans and safety protocols.
- Assisting the Program Manager to periodically review, update and create modified risk assessments and security plans
- Procurement, purchasing and management of all goods and supplies including school equipment and materials
- Managing all expenses including rental agreements, utilities and related expenses of the school plus all associated buildings rented by Still I Rise
- Bookkeeping all expenses and timely submission of internal expense reports
- Ensuring budget control and establishing quarterly budgets and forecasts
- Inventory management; tracking and reporting of movement of all items.
- Management of distributions: plan, organize and run distribution for up to 130 students, involving NFIs and food packs.
- Communicating with donors, handling all donations and communicating needs.
- Leading the center training, including first aid and emergency workshops during onboarding of new team members and also running workshops, in these specific areas, for the entire team in an ongoing basis
- Hiring, training and coordinating the general volunteers
- Fluent knowledge of the English language- written and oral
- Minimum age of 23 years
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities.
- Commitment and willingness to work in a challenging environment
- Passion, drive and dedication to our cause
- Experience in accounting and financial management and planning.
- High level of accountability over work.
- Provision of creative solutions and ways of seeing
- Ability to advise and mentor team members
- Competent in negotiation and problem solving
- Experience in team management.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, both written and spoken
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong IT skills including use of MS Office, Google Drive and Slack.
- Experience working in a non-profit environment
- International drivers license
Completion of CRB/background check
- Previous experience in project coordination, administration or working in the humanitarian field
- Experience in the education sector
- Experience working with a refugee population
- Experience working with teenagers
- Fluency in Arabic, Farsi, French or Greek language
- Greek residency or ability to reside in Greece for an extended period
Shared accommodation will be provided a short distance by foot to the school. Additionally, we provide approximately €687,50 (gross) euros monthly to cover day-to-day costs.
COVID-19 safety procedures
Required testing and quarantine period dependent on Greek requirements and regulations. Once the country of origin is determined we will define an appropriate travel plan upon hire.