VIS – Volontariato Internazionale per lo Sviluppo sta selezionando un/a Programme Funding Manager and Communication Officer da inserire nella sua operatività in Etiopia. Durata 12 mesi. Scadenza candidature 12/07/2021
Programme Funding Manager and Communication Officer – Etiopia
- Duty Station: Addis Abeba with frequent travel to projects areas (Gambella, Tigray, Somali, Dilla)
- Starting: ASAP
- Contract duration: 12 months
- Reporting to: Country Representative
Context and project description:
VIS – Volontariato Internazionale per lo Sviluppo [International Volunteer Service for Development] is a non-governmental organization dealing with international development cooperation and solidarity. VIS is also an educational agency that promotes and organizes awareness raising, education, development training and global citizenship activities. VIS is active in Ethiopia since 1998, mainly in Livelihoods, Education and Wash sectors. VIS priority objective in Ethiopia is to address the needs of the most vulnerable segment of the population, focusing mainly on children and young people, providing vocational trainings and job placement.
Since November 2020, a series of escalating clashes between the Ethiopian Federal Government and the Tigray Regional Government has resulted in a growing humanitarian emergency, since then VIS has decided to be engaged in humanitarian interventions in the Tigray Region. VIS is present also in the following areas of intervention: Gambella, Tigray, Somali, Dilla and Addis Abeba where there is the main VIS office.
General purpose of the position:
Providing strategic support and coordination for grant and quality management, and evaluating of all VIS and partner projects, the Programme Funding Manager/Communications officer (PFM/CO) plays a key role in overseeing strategic local partnerships, maintaining and building new donor relations, and being a focal point for coordination at relevant cluster meetings, with government authorities and other stakeholders on the central level. He/she also researches new funding sources, prepares proposals and coordinates reports for submission to institutional donors, and maintenance of appropriate information systems.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Donors & Partners Relations Management:
- Lead, coordinate and facilitate the preparation and submission of donor proposals and operational reports managed by the Country Representative and in consultation with other senior field managers and HQ staff, enabling all donor requirements and deadlines are me. Coordinate partners to agree on content of new funding proposals.
- Support the Country Representatives in maintaining efficient donor relationship management, eg. tracking current donors, future opportunities, contact details and disseminating information.
- Ensure that mechanisms are in place for the compliance with donor requirements.
Coordination & Representation:
- Liaise with other organisations and authorities regarding operational presence, strategy and areas of possible collaboration, as well as develop new relationships/partnerships with relevant actors on the ground.
- Represent VIS in all relevant NGO coordination, as well as maintain positive relationships with relevant government ministries. Provide the latest data and project figures, reports, briefings and information management to share with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure that reports comply with deadlines, contracts, etc.
- Provide feedback on the quality of the programme. Ensure monitoring and evaluation of activities,
- Ensure best practices are communicated, followed and shared in all aspects of grant management.
- Monitor budgets, ensuring spending is done accordingly to proposals, guidelines and timeframe.
- Visit field projects to obtain resources. Prepare communication and fundraising materials.
- Develop network with representatives in order to secure funding for the country programme.
Media & Public Relations:
- Monitor local press and events to be aware of local emergencies, high level visits, surveys, opportunities, etc.
- Create security-approved “media packs” (photos + video footage) to proactively share VIS content with media contacts in coordination with CR and HQ.
- Within the boundaries of VIS Ethiopia’s security regulations, actively conceptualize, facilitate, and produce short content updates and creative, interactive features on Facebook and other social media such as Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest in coordination with the CR and HQ.
- University degree in Management / Development / Business Administration or in any relevant subject;
- 2-year post-qualification experience in a relief or development context;
- Strong working knowledge of English and Italian (spoken and written);
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills, including the ability to develop and manage effective relationships with current and new donors ;
- Knowledge of Humanitarian Essentials, Sphere and HAP Standards and other international humanitarian guidelines and protocols ;
- Advanced planning, assessment and analytical skills. Proven report and proposal writing skills ;
- Able to work with project budgets, financial reports and financial management systems.
- Capacity to work under pressure
- Creative, open-minded, flexible, self-learner, dynamic, servant-hearted and problem solver
How to Apply
Application: fill the www.volint.it/form/vis-application, object: PFM/CO Ethiopia 965
Include: a copy of the CV, a motivation letter and the references (at least 2 contacts).
Deadline for the application: 12nd July 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.