Emergency Project Manager – Cabo Delgado, Mozambico
HELPCODE is looking for a special, creative person, able to launch herself/himself beyond the obstacles to find alternative solutions to daily problems, with an enterprising spirit and enthusiasm, to support its operations in Cabo Delgado, Mozambique.
Professional profile: Emergency Project Manager
Department: Project Unit
Organization and coordination: The emergency project manager will be based in Pemba, Cabo Delgado, with frequent field trips in intervention Districts and working under the direct supervision of the Country Coordinator and in coordination with Helpcode senior emergency staff in Cabo Delgado.
Location: Cabo Delgado, several intervention areas
Type and duration of contract: Fixed-term contract, 12 months. Renewable based on funds availability.
Salary: Remuneration will be defined coherently with the candidate’s past experience.
Starting date: September 2021
Job description: The Emergency Project Manager will be responsible for the successful implementation of Helpcode emergency intervention in Cabo Delgado, supervising the project team and ensuring successful implementation of the project according to the timeline, budget and quality standards required. The Project Manager will also support the Country Coordinator and Mozambique Programme Manager in expanding Helpcode activities in Cabo Delgado.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
Main tasks and responsibilities include project management, HR management, technical and administrative monitoring, business development. In particular, the emergency project manager will:
- Prepare and implement approved project operational plans and monitoring plans;
- Participate in the recruitment process and training of staff; provide supervision, guidance, training, coordination and monitoring of the project staff;
- Manage the project budget and ensure that all expenses and procurement are realized according to planning and Helpcode and the donor’s procedures, in strict collaboration with Helpcode financial team in Mozambique and internal audit team in HQ;
- Participate in project evaluations and assist in the analysis of the results, assess project impact and effective use of resources;
- Coordinate with the donor at local level, providing timely interim reports and regular feedback regarding the implementation of activities as well as other inputs as per the donor’ request;
- Build and maintain appropriate, regular and transparent dialogue and coordination mechanisms with the relevant stakeholders (e.g. beneficiaries, community leaders, local and national government officials, donor, UN agencies and other NGOs);
- Ensure quality communication and visibility of the activities;
- Liaise with local institutions, relevant clusters, local and international NGOs, international donors and contribute to Helpcode business development in Cabo Delgado
- Other tasks as requested by the line manager.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in similar roles, including coordination and grants management
- Demonstrated ability in drafting project proposals for international donors
- Good level of organisational and operational autonomy as well as ability to manage economic and human resources
- Full proficiency in English and Portuguese (written and spoken)
- Previous experience in protection desirable
- Previous experience in cash and vouchers desirable
To apply, send CV and a cover letter by the 30th of August 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: CDPM2021
We kindly ask you to refrain from sending us your CV if you do not have the required skills and requirements. Please note that only pre-selected candidates will receive a response.
We believe in change.
A change that pushes us to do better and better, to reach new goals.
We support growth.
The growth of each child in a healthy family, in a safe school and in a serene and reliable community.
We invest in the future.
A future to which we look with concrete actions, aimed at giving lasting results in the field of children’s rights, starting from today.
We are Helpcode. We do what we say and say what we do; because living a childhood is the right of every child.
Our ideas on diversity
At Helpcode we value and invite diversity into our workforce as we know it is one of the factors that make us qualified to deal with the complex environments we work in. We see diversity as one of our organizational strengths. Our aim is to foster an inclusive workplace where everyone treats each other (including colleagues and beneficiaries) with dignity and respect.
At Helpcode we welcome applications from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic. Our policies encourage a workplace free from discrimination and any form of harassment.
We are constantly seeking to improve our policies and practices to be at the forefront of workplace diversity and inclusion standards, in line with human rights principles.
HELPCODE is an international solidarity organization, active since 1988 in various countries of Africa (Tunisia, Libya, Mozambique and RD Congo), Middle East (Yemen) and Asia (Nepal, Cambodia) working in education, protection, health, renewable energy, wash, nutrition and agriculture.