Junior Project Manager – Italia
JCP SRL is selecting a Junior Project Manager to be included in its operational office in Italy. Initial duration: 12 months. Deadline for applications 30/09/2021
Type of contract: private internship with remuneration
JCP Srl, Italy, is a specialised Knowledge Transfer and Capacity Building company providing specialist consulting services in all spheres of international, donor-funded contracts, particularly but not limited to the field of Management of Technical Assistance Development Projects including Grant Scheme components, as well as International Cooperation and Development Communication Projects within framework contracts implemented in European Union, Southern and Eastern Neighbourhood Regions and beyond with a special emphasis on EU Funded programmes.
JCP Srl boasts extensive in-house experience in implementing and providing institutional building in procedures established by the European Commission the EEA and Norway Grants, and other Donorsincluding WB and UN agencies and as well as Member State Cooperation agencies.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Junior Project Manager
Duty station: HQ – Reggio Emilia
Starting date: 01/11/2021
Contract duration: 12 months
General purpose of the position
Contributing to the monitoring of the implementation of technical assistance programmes
The Project Manager will have direct responsibility on Projects’ coordination, execution and implementation activities, in technical, economic/financial terms. The ideal candidate will ensure the expected results attainment in budget management and the delivery of tasks on time and following where needed the different Donors’ procedures.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Plan and monitor the activities’ progress, in cooperation with the company staff and in compliance with the contract signed
- Prepare reports to the head of missions and regularly organises project review meetings to identify issues and discuss solutions;
- Contribute at analysing possible opportunities of project designing/funding;
- Elaborate, write and prepare all necessary documents in accordance with the company’s processes and procedures, in compliance with EC guidelines.
- Cooperate with the company’s members for all communication and implementation activities
- Give support to the preparation of expenditures plans in collaboration with the Senior Project Administrators/Administrative Coordinators;
- Support to the preparation, in compliance with the deadlines, of all financial and narrative reports – interim and final – expected by the different Project in coordination with rest of the staff
- Support the Project managers during the preparation and submission of activities reports;
- Assist the Project managers in data collection and field monitoring missions;
- Provide support to all the activity-related databases up to date according to the approved formats and internal guidelines;
- Assist in the preparation of meetings, workshops, and training courses;
- Contribute to the dissemination and preparation of various communications, based on agreed key messages;
- Contribute to the achievement of the company’s overall communication strategy, creation of tools and implementation of activities;
- Support the development and management of contact database;
Required profile and experience
- University or Master degree in Political Science, International Relation, Economics or related fields
- Minimum 1 year project management experience
- Solid experience in needs assessments and project proposal and reporting
- Knowledge of financial rules, budgetary planning and control
- Solid diplomatic and leadership skills in managing a variety of internal and external relationships
- Capacity to acting effectively as a team member
- Self-motivated, flexible, resilient, able to take initiative and work independently
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- High level of IT skills (Windows, Office package)
- Excellent knowledge of English and Spanish written and spoken
- French will be considered a plus.
- Strong motivation and adherence to the European principles and the mission of JCP.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills;
- Organisational and time management skills;
- Flexibility in working hours as work during weekends/evenings may be required in specific situations;
- Strong teamwork skills and ability to establish and maintain fruitful collaborations within the company;
- Ability to adapt to unexpected events.