Capo Progetto UNHCR – Tunisia/Libia
Cesvi is operating in Libya since 2011 as the first Italian NGO to take action, in the aftermath of the Arab Spring, through humanitarian projects in Cyrenaica and Tripolitania. Nowadays Cesvi is one of leading NGOs in Libya, very active in the coordination of various sector working groups – in particular protection ones – with a diverse donors’ portfolio and serving all vulnerable target populations.
In detail, Cesvi has been implementing programs supporting mixed migrants, IDPs and vulnerable host communities through service provision. This include center-based and outreach protection activities (including child protection and GBV), warehouse management, non-food distributions, awareness-raising activities, psychosocial support, referrals to external services, cash assistance and non-formal education.
The collaboration will start in January 2022.
The main duty station will be the Country Office in Tunis, with at least 50% of the contract duration in the relevant Cesvi field offices in Libya (Misrata and Tripoli).
Under the supervision of the Co-Head of Program, the Project Manager is responsible for the overall management of the UNHCR funded project “Protection and Life Saving Assistance to refugees and asylum seekers in Libya” in close coordination with transversal roles supporting this project: Technical Unit, Support Service, Operations, Security and MEAL staff.
Refugees and asylum seekers experience several challenges to access basic services and, in many cases, lack a proper and sustainable safety-net to support them. The intervention will thus focus on improving resilience, through an integrated approach in partnership with IMC. The proposed intervention will achieve the expected outcomes through the following activities:
- Protection monitoring system
- Comprehensive need based service provision
- Support to UNHCR in the logistic management of the response
Ensure that project activities are implemented on time and according to the approved project documentation
- Definition and implementation of project activities,
- Monitoring of project activities and identification of necessary amendments, in accordance with the Senior Management team (SMT).
- Coordination with project partners for the activities to be implemented; drafting of MoUs to be submitted to HQ for revision (Legal dept) and authorization of signature (Area Manager)
- Coordination with SMT, for project implemented in the same area to avoid duplication and overlapping and promote synergy of intervention
- Ensuring the correct filing of project documentation
- Financial management, procurement procedures and purchases related to the assigned projects, in collaboration with the local administrator and under the supervision of the HQ Area administrative Coordinators for the correct allocation of costs.
- Management of project donors’ relations, in coordination with the HoM
- Drafting of reports and submission of documentation to the donor (through the HQ when necessary) ensuring the achievement of the expected results foreseen in the project document for the related period
- Ensure proper filling of project documents
- Management of the relation with project’s stakeholders, involving the SMT when strategic for Cesvi work in the country
- Contribute to the definition of the internal procedures manual
- Efficient management of the office, goods and means
- Coordination with HQ and SMT for visibility activities related to the assigned projects
Human Resources management
- Coordination of Cesvi staff assigning specific tasks and objectives to ensure the achievement of the goal of the project, according to MoU provisions.
- Local staff selection and training according to the project’s activities and in compliance with applicable procedures and safe recruitment procedure
- Direct coordination of project’s staff in agreement with the HoM recommendations, ensuring alignment with administrative and security matters
Implementation of Safeguarding policies –Adult at risk/Child Safeguarding/PSEA
- Ensuring compliance with Cesvi Safeguarding Policies and full implementation of Safeguarding measures within his/her area of responsibility throughout the projects activities;
- Local mapping on legal, social welfare and safeguarding/child protection arrangements and local pathways for referral;
- Preliminary assessment of potential safeguarding risks and periodical review;
- Development of project complaints and feedback mechanisms (PCFM) in accordance with Cesvi PCFM Guidelines
- Development of adequate tool for communicating with children/adults at risk and communities on safeguarding risks and safeguarding concerns reporting mechanisms
- Organization of adequate capacity building, training, mentoring and advice to project staff, partners, volunteers and other associates
- Local staff behavior appraisal with relation to ethical and relevant standards
Development of Cesvi presence in the country
- Participation in sectorial clusters, sharing periodical update with SMT
- Support in analysis and needs assessments for new projects
- Contribute to Cesvi’s strategy on the field
- In coordination with the SMT and the HQ, contribution to donors’ relations and promotion, through meeting and presentations of new donors’ acquisition, both through taking active part to forums and workshop and through direct organization of ad hoc meetings
- University degree in International Relations, Political Sciences, Social Sciences, humanitarian assistance, social work, human rights, international law and/or Cooperation and development or another appropriate field
- Solid experience in project management (over 5 years), including project cycle management,
- proposal writing, budget management and donor reporting
- Sectorial Experience in Protection and Cash programming in similar context
- HR staff management of national staff in challenging environments
- Good team leadership and conflict resolution skills, consensus team building, and adaptability
- Patience and understanding to work with and develop capacity of national staff
- Experience delivering programs to tight deadlines
- Good computer and IT skills
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Ability and willingness to work in remote and isolated location with ever changing security Scenarios
- Solid capacity in managing a variety of internal and external relationships, networking and build effective partnerships with local stakeholders
- Excellent report writing and budget management skills
- Proactive and flexible approach in dealing with project tasks
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Prior experience with UNHCR
- Prior experience in Libya or working in security-sensitive environments
- Knowledge of Arabic
Cesvi has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners.
Cesvi commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process performance.
Cesvi pays particular attention to safeguarding the health of all the human resources of the Organisation. Therefore, in order to protect its staff, an assessment of their suitability for the position in each mission is carried out before departure. Such assessment is done by the Occupational Doctor of the Organisation, who will also examine the vaccination coverage, including the anti-Covid19 vaccination.