Data Analyst – Tunisia/Libia
Location: Tunis with potential movements in Libya & Tunisia
Type of contract: 3 (three) months collaboration contract renewable
Deadline: 25 November 2021
Starting date: Beginning of ASAP – with 2 weeks handover
Gross Salary: to be defined according to the candidate’s profile
WeWorld-GVC, recently constituted from the merger of two NGOs, is an Italian secular and independent organization working since 1971 in international cooperation and humanitarian aid. Present in 29 countries with 128 projects, WeWorld-GVC operates in the following areas of assistance: human rights (gender equality, prevention and combating violence against children and women, migration), humanitarian aid (prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation), food security, access to water, health and hygiene, education, global citizenship education, quality teaching and international volunteering. WeWorld-GVC works mostly with girls, boys, women and youth, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world. Supports people overcoming emergencies and guarantees a life with dignity, opportunities and a better future through human and economic development programs, in the framework of the 2030 Agenda. Joining the WeWorld-GVC team means being part of the development of a dynamic organization where the contribution of each staff member is promoted and valued, working together towards the collective achievement of shared goals and vision.
At present, the main donors are Italy (AICS), the EU (DG ECHO), UNICEF, OCHA, and Belgium (DGD).
WeWorld-GVC has been operating in Tunisia since 2012 through the implementation of the following intervention sectors:
- Socio-economic and rural development
- Human rights
- Good local governance and community driven development
- Prevention of violent extremism (PVE)
- Mainstreaming sectors: Strengthening civil society & Gender equity
In Tunisia, WeWorld-GVC has a main office in Tunis and a field office in Sidi Bouzid.
The main donors are the Italian Interior Ministry, the Italian Cooperation AICS, Italian provinces.
Provisional annual budget 2021: 700,000 EUR.
Tunisia Local team: 6
Tunisia Expat team: 2 dedicated to Tunisia & 4 expatriates working for both Tunisia & Libya missions
WeWorld-GVC in Libya
WeWorld-GVC has been operating in Libya since 2018 through the implementation of the following intervention sectors:
- Humanitarian Aid for host, displaced, migrant and refugee populations through projects promoting access to water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), primary health, etc
- Capacity building of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs)
- Promoting respect for Human Rights, in connection with the field of humanitarian protection
In Libya, WW-GVC has its main office in Tripoli and a field office in Sebha (Fezzan region).
Provisional annual budget 2021: 3,200 M EUR.
The main donors are EU Trust fund for Africa, AICS, CERF.
Libya National team: 14 staff
Libya team in Tunis office: 8 staff
The Data Analyst is responsible of the analysis of Community Protection Approach (CPA, https://cpainitiative.org) information to produce relevant products informing programing and advocacy according to mission needs. The CPA has been recently awarded at the 1st place as the 2020 Best Practice of Results-Based Protection by InterAction.
At the same time, he/she provides support to the Protection & Gender Coordinator on the technical design, quality and monitoring of any CPA data collection process. In addition, the position has the responsibility of capitalizing on the work carried out for the mission to support WW-GVC’s Integrated Protection Development and Analysis Area (IPDAA) on the development of the CPA, given that at some stages CPA development and implementation needs would overlap.
The position will lie under the line management of the Libya Program Coordinator and will be technically managed by WeWorld-GVC IPDAA Global Research and Data Analyst Specialist. The work to be done for the Tunisia Mission remains at the stage minor and it will be coordinated with the Tunisia Program Coordinator.
It will require active communication and coordination with the Protection & Gender Coordinator, the field Protection officers / CPA specialist and IPDAA’s members, including by participating and establishing any necessary meetings and communication channels to achieve its objectives.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
Mission Data Analyst (70%)
Support with analysis of information to provide relevant and sound results to stakeholders
- Design mechanism to ensure quality of CPA data to be analysed considering any data cleaning/wrangling needed before the process of analysis
- Participate and lead in the different workshops and meetings related to the types of analysis that can be produced in the mission and specifically of the CPA
- Conduct relevant data analysis of qualitative and quantitative CPA data to inform programs and advocacy by products designed through discussions with mission Focal points and other partners
- Triangulate all the information in form of comprehensive reports which inform the context situation (MQ/IPSI and IPA), the reasons and explanations (NCP) and the response for change (PRP and IPA)
- Communicate with the Digital & IT Specialist from IPDAA to discuss on the integration of the developed analysis in the CPA and from other data sources
- Conduct relevant data analysis and comprehensive reports, in line with advocacy and communication needs of the mission, with support of the International Advocacy, Policy and Innovation Area
- Support on the design of other data sources analysis by providing strategical thinking, technical advice and conducting, when necessary, advanced analysis beyond descriptive
Support the Protection officers and the Protection & Gender Coordinator with the implementation and design of the CPA
- Support WeWorld-GVC National CPA specialist/ Protection officers in the design of the implementation of the CPA and its technical follow up