Purpose of the Position
Under the responsibility of the country representative, the Project Manager is responsible for the coordination and the quality implementation of the project activities and the achievement of the expected results. He / She is in charge of, ensuring accuracy of financial and narrative reporting in accordance to the donor’s rules. The PM represents AVSI in relevant cluster meetings, as delegated by the country representative.
As a head of Duhok office, he/she oversees the overall management of the peripheral office while ensuring and facilitating the implementation of the different programs in the area.
Project Management and Technical quality
- Coordinate and manage project implementation in line with AVSI’s guidance and procedures as well as donor’s requirements;
- Plan all expenditures in collaboration with the financial department and regularly monitor incurred expenditures;
- Collaborate with the MEAL team to ensure adequate project monitoring;
- Regularly meet with the project partners to ensure quality implementation of joint activities;
- Monitor the activities implemented by the local partners and review partner’s financial report in collaboration with the Administration;
- Guarantee the timely submission of all financial and narrative reports to the donors;
- Prepare all formal communication and contract modifications requests of the project to the donor;
- Coach, train, supervise and mentor direct-report staff;
- Ensure continuous capacity building of project staff;
- Approve and manage all time, attendance and leave requests and ensure monthly accurate timesheet submission.
Coordination and representation
- Represent AVSI in working and coordination groups and other interactions with stakeholders when requested by the CR;
- Maintain relations and collaboration with relevant stakeholders in Jordan such as other humanitarian agencies and donors in coordination with CR.
- Conduct regular visits to field activities and frequent meetings with departments;
- Conduct Monthly meetings with field staff and share MoM and highlights with the CR;
- Represents AVSI with the local stakeholder in Duhok governorate;
- Provide feedback for the evaluation of staff;
- Under the technical supervision of the Security Coordinator, the OC represents the security focal point in the designated area;
- Be the focal point for the relations with local stakeholders; under the coordination of the Security Coordinator, the OC should pay particular attention to the coordination with legal authorities in the Area of responsibility (military, police, intelligence, municipalities).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience in Middle East is an asset;
- Technical livelihoods expertise;
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile;
- Fluency in English and Italian, both written and verbal (knowledge of Arabic language is an asset)
- Knowledge of donor proposals, budgets, financial reporting
- Valid driving license
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust