Within Strategy & Transformation and in particular in the Innovation, Digital Technology & Data area of Save the Children, the Head of Digital Technology will drive the vision, design and implementation of effective digital solutions and ICT services to enable Save the Children Italy to make the most of how information, communication and technology can help us to transform the organisation to succeed in our work on behalf of children in our ever more fast-changing and digitally-connected world.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN ACTIVITIES
- To establish and develop the role of digital technology as an enabler to design a tech-forward strategy, implement digital solutions across internal organizational areas, deliver excellent user experience, provide all ICT services needed to efficiently run day-to-day operations
- To collaborate with Digital & Innovation area in engaging all internal business areas to understand their objectives, gather requirements, analyze capabilities in order to shape the demand for technology platforms and products, developing new digital services to improve business processes, aligning relevant stakeholders and creating valuable information with ICT solutions
- To implement and run digital platforms, websites and IT legacy applications as well as to operate ICT systems (PC fleet, TLC networks, peripherals, …) by looking at next-generation capabilities such as end-to-end automation, platform as a service, cloud, also developing flexible external partnerships
- To keep pace with rapid digital and technological advancements implementing a flexible architecture supported by modular web platforms & systems, proper data flows and processes as well as advanced cybersecurity standards.
- To have knowledge of the suppliers market in order to define and develop a budgeting and procurement strategy in terms of balancing internal/external resources needed, in-house or outsourced services and make-or-buy options to ensure scalable capacity, cost-effectiveness and an agile and flexible operating model.
- To lead, manage and motivate a team of people with diverse skills and act as a point of escalation and coordination for critical issues, providing coaching, mentoring, training and guidance to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
- To actively work and share knowledge with the Save the Children Movement and to play a key role in selected international groups focused on transformation and performance improvement using technology.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Master’s degree in computer science, engineering or relevant field;
- Proven experience and demonstrable success in leading ICT and digital functions for large and complex organization
- Proven experience in managing ICT and digital enterprise architecture and web strategy as well as technological procurement process, evaluating make-or-buy options and establishing strong partnership with external providers and vendors.
- Exceptional leadership skills and experience with a proven ability to set strong direction and a compelling future vision at all levels
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal/external stakeholders and partners to identify key business opportunities and design ICT and digital solutions and services.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal, ability to summarise complex issues
and tailor communications to different audiences and cultures.
- Written and verbal fluency in English is essential
- Experience in the non-profit or a related industry is preferred.