Finance Manager Junior Assistant (Middle East and Asia Area and Italy-Europe Programs) – Italia
Position: Finance Manager Junior Assistant (Middle East and Asia Area and Italy-Europe Programs)
Location: based in Bologna or Milan with possibility of remote working
Type of contract: 12 months (with possibility of extension)
Starting date: January 2022
Gross Salary: to be defined according to the candidate’s profile
Application deadline: 17 December 2021
WeWorld-GVC, recently constituted from the merger of two NGOs, is an Italian secular and independent organization working since 1971 in international cooperation and humanitarian aid. Present in 29 countries with 128 projects, WeWorld-GVC operates in the following areas of assistance: human rights (gender equality, prevention and combating violence against children and women, migration), humanitarian aid (prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation), food security, access to water, health and hygiene, education, global citizenship education, quality teaching and international volunteering. WeWorld-GVC works mostly with girls, boys, women and youth, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world. Supports people overcoming emergencies and guarantees a life with dignity, opportunities and a better future through human and economic development programs, in the framework of the 2030 Agenda. Joining the WeWorld-GVC team means being part of the development of a dynamic organization where the contribution of each staff member is promoted and valued, working together towards the collective achievement of shared goals and vision. At present, the main donors are Italy (AICS), the EU (DG ECHO), UNICEF, OCHA, and Belgium (DGD).
WeWorld is recruiting a Finance Manager Junior Assistant (Middle East and Asia Area and Italy-Europe Programs) who will works under the direction of MEA Finance Manager (50%) and IT-EU Programmes Finance Manager (50%).
Main functions and duties
PROJECT FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- Supporting the Finance Manager to monitor the Countries’ accounting, checking monthly and quarterly Reconciliations
- Supporting the Finance Manager to monitor and record the allocation of Project Staff Costs and Direct HQ support Costs to the Projects’ Budgets
- Supporting the Finance Manager to implement other activities, if requested: Financial Planning, Budgeting etc..
- Supporting the Finance Manager to monitor financial reports deadlines
- Collaborating with the Finance Manager to provide support to Countries in the preparation of financial reports
- Supporting the Finance Manager to verify the compliance with donor and internal rules
- Providing support to the Finance Manager to perform the expenditures verification and external audits of the projects
Carry out any other task within his/her competence, not specified above, that may be requested by MEA Finance Manager or IT-EU Programmes Finance Manager.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Degree in Economics, Political Science or related fields, or equivalent
- Full excellent working knowledge MS Office and Internet
- Fluency in Italian and English is mandatory
- At least 1 years of relevant work experience in a finance/accounting role in the NGO sector
- Accountancy skills
- Problem-solver approach with demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and creating efficiencies
- Proven organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks while fostering quality, team spirit and positive working relationships with colleagues
- Genuine interest for international cooperation development topics
- Strong commitment to the Mission of WeWorld,
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the NGO values and ethical standards; displays cultural, gender, religion, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Previous experiences at HQ level would be considered an asset
- Previous experience in MEA countries would be considered an asset