Project Manager – Libano
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: up to 31/12/2022, renewable
Duty station: Tyr, Lebanon
Terre des Hommes Italia (TDH IT), member of Terre des hommes International Federation, works in 21 developing countries implementing projects and activities for the benefit of more than 3 million people.
TDH IT implements relief and mid-term programmes and projects in the fields of education, primary health, protection, PSS and child rights.
Terre des Hommes Italia works in Lebanon since 2006. Since then, it has implemented several educational, protection and livelihood interventions in the most deprived areas of the Country and in the Palestinian refugee camps.
Since the onset of the Syria crisis, Terre des Hommes has provided support to the Syrian refugee families fleeing their country and looking for a shelter in Lebanon, thanks to the support various donors (EU, ECHO, UNICEF, UNHCR, OCHA Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Agenzia Italiana per la Cooperazione allo Sviluppo-AICS etc.).
Within this context, Terre des Hommes Italia is looking for an experienced Project Manager for an intervention to be implemented in Palestinian Camps in partnership with local organizations. The candidate shall have a proven experience in managing mid-term interventions in ME countries, with a focus on education/child protection/PSS. She/he is required to have advanced communication and negotiation skills, a perfect command of the PCM and the main institutional donors’ financial and administrative procedures, as well as the ability to work in partnership with organizations and institutions of different backgrounds.
- Managing the relationship with the local authorities. This includes: 1.1 Present the project to the Lebanese Local authorities and communities in the areas of intervention 1.2 Draft, negotiate and sign, if any, the MOUs with local partners/local authorities in Lebanon, stating roles, tasks, and responsibilities of both parties
- Security and Coordination. The PM will: 2.1 Attend coordination meetings and clusters with INGOs at the area level 2.2 Participate in defining the security rules for project staff (local and expat) and ensure their implementation.
- Managing the HR of TDH project’s staff, which includes: 3.1 Draft the TOR of the project’s staff and taking part to their recruitment 3.2 Identify possible areas of weakness and plan for on-the-job trainings in coordination with the Delegation’s experts
- Calling for and leading regular meetings with the Project leading committee with the aim of 4.1 Design activity plans and regularly revise their implementation. 4.2 Regularly collect the information and the reports required in accordance with the monitoring tools approved 4.3 Monitor the expenditure pace and ensure its compliance with the project document and the yearly/quarterly plans
- Administration: with the support of the administrator, the PM is responsible for: 5.1 Budget management and follow-up 5.2 The sound implementation and monitoring of TDH It and the Donor’s administrative procedures 5.3 Follow TDH IT internal administrative guidelines 5.4 Define quarterly and monthly plans of expenditures according to the project’s budget and the plan of activities 5.5. Reporting to donor and HQ.
- Maintaining the relationship with the donors. This involves: 6.1 Facilitating the donors’ field monitoring visits based on the plan approved by the PLC. 6.2 Drafting the interim and final reports as requested by the Donor, and any further report which may be requested.
- Ensuring Project Visibility. This involves: 7.1 Ensuring that all projects’ sites are provided with visibility materials 7.2 Ensuring that communities and stakeholders are aware of the subjects funding and/or implementing the project 7.3 Providing the Delegation’s Communication Officer with regular updates and documentation (written, photographic, video etc..) in order for them to promote the project via their standard channels.
Finally, the PM will be responsible to ensure the donor, TDH IT and local partners, if any, of the following:
– The intervention respects the dignity and autonomy of the people involved
– The intervention is in line with TDH IT procedures regarding Child Protection and Safeguarding, Ethics, PSEAH, impartiality, neutrality and independence of the humanitarian action operating with no discrimination of religious, political and gender nature, and promoting the equality of individuals.
- University Degree in Management, Cooperation for Development or similar
• 3 to 5 years of professional experience with humanitarian organizations in managing interventions focused on Education and/or Protection; previous working experience in Middle East is a strong asset
• Perfect knowledge of all the phases of the PCM and the main institutional donors’ procedures
- Perfect Command of the English (written and spoken) language. Sound knowledge of Italian is a plus, working knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
- Ability to work in partnership with local organizations and under stressful conditions
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Highly developed analytical, reporting and problem-solving skills
• Good IT skills with high proficiency in word and excel
- High level interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills, ability to capacity build others
- Commitment to the aims, principles, and values of TDH IT
- Very high sense of discretion and integrity
- High degree of responsibility, of taking initiatives, of having emotional stability
- Ability to prioritize a heavy workload and to delegate accordingly, and under culturally sensitive situations
- Self-motivated, flexible, and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization.
TDH Italia has a zero-tolerance policy towards SEAH and is not willing to employ any person who has been found guilty of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment. Ethics is part of the annual performance appraisal.
Salary according to experience and TDH IT salary scale. Since the position advertised for is unaccompanied, TDH will not be responsible for providing benefits for the selected candidate’s family members.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates possessing required experience and skills are invited to send an updated CV and a motivation letter including at least two references to email@example.com quoting in the object of the email the reference LEB 02-2022.
The deadline for receiving applications is the 13th of February 2022. Applications received after that date will not be considered.
Applications that do not meet the above-mentioned requirements will not be considered.
We apologize in advance as only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. TDH IT reserves the right to fill the position before the closing date of the published vacancy in case a suitable candidate is identified.