Finance and Procurement Officer – Italia
- Department: Finance
- Location: Remote
- Supervisor: Finance Manager
- Contract: Fixed term (with possibility of extension)
- Status: Part Time
- Compensation: 750€
Still I Rise, an international NGO, works towards development and the realization of humanitarian projects aiming at providing education and support to refugee children and vulnerable youth, is looking for a Finance and Procurement Officer. The selected candidate will be reporting directly to the Finance Manager, and will be responsible for the executive implementation of procurement processes, facilitating the financial processes of the Organization across Italy and Still I Rise’s programs.
- Optimization of procurement processes in Italy and SIR’s programs;
- In agreement with Finance Manager and SIR’s legal office, defining procurement policies, contracts, suppliers selections and organizational risk management
- Developing and managing suppliers database, while providing ad-hoc procurement and suppliers analysis and reports
- Defining and developing organization system highlighting objectives and outcomes (OKR), in collaboration with the HR Department and Chief Operations Officer.
- Drafting organizational financial policies, and updating them providing recommendations for improvement across the growing Organization environment;
- Collaborating and Coordinating with other members of the Finance Team and other SIR Departments to fulfill goals and achieve the Organization’s objectives with respect to pre established deadlines.
- Providing support with regards to internal financial processes.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or MS in Finance, Accounting or Economics (CPA / CMA desired)
- 3-5 years of work experience in financial planning & analysis, investment banking, economics, or related job sector (further experience in non-profit is be considered an additional asset)
- Strategic thinking, ability to read and interpret financial statements
- Strong ICT literacy and working knowledge of the Office package, particularly Excel, PP and softwares for analysis and financial modeling
- Knowledge of ERP systems, related technologies and mainstream financial tools as well as sound confidence with risk management tools, and risk management preventions strategies
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem solving skills
- Precision, attention to accuracy and detail orientation, with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask working on different projects at once, ability to prioritize, while ensuring that SIR Finance Team meets established deadlines and objectives of the Organization
- Ability to synthesize information and communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
- Strong working aptitude and commitment to meet objectives
- Enthusiasm for collaborative work and working within a team environment and ability to develop effective and positive work relationships with colleagues, also when coming from different cultural and professional backgrounds
- High level working proficiency in English (C1/C2 standards) is required, with another language considered an additional asset
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications, including a copy of their CV, Cover Letter, and a written authorization to personal data processing, by sending an email, indicating in the subject “***FINANCIAL and PROCUREMENT OFFICER***”, to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in Still I Rise.