Compliance Officer | Protected Categories (L. 68/89) – Italia
Location: Rome – no remote working
Type of contract: Fixed term contract (tempo determinato CCNL Terziario)
Duration: 12 months, with possibile renewal
Closing date of the vacancy: 17 March 2022 (applications on a rolling basis)
Starting date: ASAP
Context presentation: Un Ponte Per (UPP) is a voluntary association founded in 1991, immediately after the bombing of Iraq, which promotes solidarity initiatives for Iraqis who suffered during the war. Un Ponte Per works in Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Serbia and Kosovo alongside civil society organizations. In Italy, it promotes peace and disarmament, defends the common goods, and welcomes refugees and migrants. The aim of UPP is the prevention of new conflicts, particularly in the Middle East. This is achieved through advocacy campaigns, programs which educate and encourage cultural exchange, collaborative projects and peaceful civil interventions. For further information please refer to our website: www.unponteper.it
Role and Responsibilities
Un Ponte Per is looking to hire for a legal administrative post focusing on compliance that will be responsible of the following major tasks:
- Drafting MoUs and Agreements;
- Review of donors’ general and special conditions and financing contract;
- Constantly report to management concerning documentation’s compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
- Promptly identify and report non-compliance situations and risks, presenting detailed analysis and suggesting
- realistic plans to solve/close them;
- Ensure support and overview on the compliance with the Third Sector Reform law in Italy;
- Support in policy development and drafting;
- Support in internal auditing processes related to compliance to the applicable laws or internal regulations to
- identify eventual weaknesses and risks;
- Elaborate effective action plans in response to audit findings and recommendations;
- Support in internal investigation in case of breaches to integrity standards;
- Activate on demand by colleagues to assist in legal compliance matters.
- University degree in relevant sector (preferably legal or economic science/administrative background) or equivalent working experience
- At least 1 year of professional work experience in INGOs, preferably in the Humanitarian Aid sector;
- Excellent command and autonomy in processing the relevant documentation and procedures;
- Proven ability in proficient remote working;
- Good IT literacy, numeracy and IT skills including Excel
- A solution-oriented approach
- Determined and committed to high quality standards
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure, while maintaining flexibility and professional approach
- Very fluent in oral and written English
- Field experience
UPP requires criminal background check certificate (released max 3 months before the date of job offer) to confirm a job offer. We are aware that in some countries the release of criminal background certificate by the competent authorities might require several weeks. However, UPP runs selections to deploy staff in emergency programs and time-lapse between job offer and field deployment is often very short. Thus, we kindly ask all candidates to get prepared on time and be able to submit their certificate promptly in case of success in the selection.
Un Ponte Per is an International NGO committed to diversity and inclusion within its teams, in line with the principle of non-discrimination. UPP encourages all candidates irrespective of gender, religion and ethnicity including persons with disabilities to apply and become part of the organization.
UPP upholds all the minimum standards in terms of Ethical Conduct and strives to increase its standards over the minimum. Zero tolerance is reserved to Sexual Abuse and Exploitation and to Child Abuse, Violence, Harm, Injury and Negligence. By applying, any candidate assures that s/he has never breached any standard in terms of SEA and Child Safeguarding and that s/he will not in the future. For the protection of beneficiaries, communities and partners, UPP will conduct extensive reference check and vetting on shortlisted candidates, also over the contacts indicated by the candidate. Candidates are alerted that the required background check might compromise their privacy. Shortlisted candidates shall promptly provide an up-to-date criminal background check.
HOW TO APPLY Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed CV (PDF format) with the authorization to use and process data on the base of the EU Regulation 2016/679 – GDPR and a brief cover letter (PDF format) that includes the contact information for three Professional References (relevant and recent) to: email@example.com Please reference “Compliance Officer – Name Surname” in the subject line of your email application and name the files attached to your application as surname_name_CV, surname_name_CL, scan copy of the certificate that shows the registration on the list of “Protected categories” (even without the description of the pathology). Be informed that UPP screens prospective colleagues through anti-terrorism/anti-money-laundering/anticorruption/anti-fraud sanctions lists before job offer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.