Technical Coordinator – Palestina
Cesvi has been working in Palestine since 1994 and it has developed over the years an expertise in the area of solid waste management, water and sanitation. Cesvi implemented various projects in partnership with relevant actors in the sector and active participation in the WASH cluster and other coordination networks.
Cesvi is currently implementing projects in the in East Jerusalem, Hebron and Gaza, in consortium with local and international partners.
The AICS funded project focuses on the protection for the Palestinian population exposed to violations of humans rights such as access to water and essential health services. Actions aim at increasing the availability of drinking water, the quality of essential health services, protection for women of reproductive age e adolescents, advocacy for the right to health and water.
The main activities included in the AICS project are:
- Purchase, distribution and installation of filtering and water conservation systems (HWTS) for household use and related training in use
- Purchase and installation of 3 treatment systems (filtering) and water conservation at community level and training in use
- Purchase of laboratory materials and equipment for water analysis: installation and training in use
- Monitoring and analysis of water quality and follow-up
- Information / awareness campaigns to promote good hygiene and water use practices through an innovative approach to behavioural change – RANAS
- Cross-analysis of data relating to the health situation and the quality and use of water, at the level domestic, community and health centres
- Purchase, supply and installation of hand washing units, installation and training in clinics
The collaboration will start in mid-May 2022.
The main duty station will be in Jerusalem with frequent travels in the West Bank – Hebron.
The Technical coordinator will work under the supervision of the Head of Mission and s/he has to coordinate with the Country Administrator
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- S/He will directly plan project and study activities under the supervision of the Head of Mission
- S/He will coordinate the local, international staff and lead applicant
- S/He will ensure the project reporting in accordance with the deadlines, (activity planning, monthly project progress and final report).
- S/He will work in close in collaboration with the Country Administrator in budgeting, forecast and control of financial flows and planning and with the Head of Mission
- S/He will provide the processing of any potential project amendment or extension within the due times.
- S/He will be directly responsible for field staff recruitment and coordination.
- S/He will conduct training /mentoring /coaching for project staff team on an ongoing basis.
- S/He will guarantee that all the activities are in line with Donors’ and Cesvis’ procedures and rules.
- S/He will report to the donors and ensure the quality and accuracy of the technical information provided.
- S/He will actively participate to the Cluster
- S/He will write new project proposals in coordination with HQ and the field.
- S/He will liaise with relevant stakeholders.
- University or Master degree in engineering, or related field in wash sector expertise
- Minimum 3 years’ project management experience in an NGO, including experience directing in implementing programs in protracted crisis
- Minimum 1 year as technical advisor in NGO, or researcher in Universities directing implementing research projects
- Solid experience in needs assessments and project proposal and reporting
- Experience in managing wash projects
- Knowledge of financial rules and regulations of International donors as AICS
- Knowledge of effective financial and budgetary planning and control
- Solid diplomatic and leadership skills in managing a variety of internal and external relationships, especially with partners
- Capacity to acting effectively as a team member
- Self-motivated, flexible, resilient, able to take initiative and work independentlyExcellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- High level of IT skills (Windows, Office package)
- Excellent knowledge of English written and spoken.
- Prior working experience in the Middle East and / or in the Occupied Palestinian Territory
- Prior working experience in water quality infrastructures and technologies
- Knowledge of Arabic
Cesvi has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners.
Cesvi commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process performance.
Cesvi pays particular attention to safeguarding the health of all the human resources of the Organisation. Therefore, in order to protect its staff, an assessment of their suitability for the position in each mission is carried out before departure. Such assessment is done by the Occupational Doctor of the Organisation, who will also examine the vaccination coverage, including the anti-Covid19 vaccination.
Please note: due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.