Compliance and reporting Expert – Italia
- Together with the Project Manager, ensure proper monitoring of the two projects’ financial indicators and raise alerts on potential issues and delays in project implementation.
- To liaise with Save the Children Palestine financial, administrative and procurement departments in order to ensure that project related expenditures are made as planned.
- To ensure proper financial monitoring of project activities implemented by local partners.
- To work in cooperation with the finance, administrative and procurement departments of Save the Children Palestine and with the local partners in order to ensure proper and thorough understanding of donor requirements and procedures.
- To liaise with Save the Children Italy Grant Management team and with Save the Children Palestine on all the financial and reporting issues related to the two projects.
- To support and facilitate Save the Children Italy Grant Management team in the preparation of each budget modification and project amendments if needed.
- To be the focal point for communications with the local delegation of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the two projects.
- To support the Project Manager in preparing all the documentation to be provided to ensure accurate donor reporting.
- To liaise with local partners and ensure that their financial reports and relevant supporting documents are accurate and drafted on time.
- To be responsible of preparing financial projects’ reports according to the requirements of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- To be very collaborative with all other members of the team of Save the Children Palestine and Save the Children Italy.
Education, Computer and Language skills
- University degree in finance or related subject.
- Highly computer literate and confident with Outlook, Word, and Powerpoint, Excel and the Internet; and an interest in appropriate use of current information and communications technologies.
- Fluent in Italian and English
Experience and Qualification
- Three years minimum of experience in grant management, budgeting and reporting.
- Very good knowledge of reporting requirements of major institutional donors (e.g. Italian MoFA, EC, ECHO).
- Previous experience in managing projects funded by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs is considered a strong asset.
- Working experience in Developing Countries would be preferable.
- Very good communication skills in order to communicating with a range of organisations/individuals partner NGOs, institutional donors, and a wide range of staff across the organisation.
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving results together with children and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Creates a managerial environment in-country to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for self and team, takes responsibility for own personal development and encourages team to do the same.
- Widely shares personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others.
- Future oriented, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with own team, colleagues, members, donors and partners.
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.