Country Representative and Project Coordinator – Libia/Tunisia
HELPCODE is looking for a special, creative person, able to launch herself/himself beyond the obstacles to find alternative solutions to the daily difficulties, with an enterprising spirit and enthusiasm.
We are looking for a practical person, highly motivated, eager to contribute with his/her energy and experience to the strengthening of the Organization and the expansion of institutional activities in Tunisia and Libya.
The ideal candidate has a strong motivation for the management of institutional relations and is characterized by a dynamism that allows him/her to move on several fronts simultaneously.
Professional profile: Country Representative and Project Coordinator for Libya /Tunisia
Department: Project Unit
Location: Tunis with trips to Libya
Salary: Remuneration will be defined coherently with the candidate’s past experience and in line with the parameters of international donors
Starting date: 15 June 2022 (one year renewable)
The Country Representative, under the supervision of the Desk Officer, coordinates the local and expatriate team in Libya and Tunisia and works in close contact with the senior management of the HQ office in Italy. The Country Representative is also responsible of the coordination of the anticipated AICS Project in Libya SHAMS starting in July 2022.
Helpcode is currently managing a portfolio of Health, Renewable energy, Protection and Livelihood projects.
The Country Representative will be responsible for ensuring that the objectives of the projects are achieved and for contributing to the development of the organization’s presence in the area.
This position requires strong leadership skills; representation, communication and risk management skills as well as professional experience in building and developing partnership networks and in diversifying resources to support ongoing programs and strong experience in project management. The selected person will be responsible for the overall coordination and direction of the program; he/she will provide the needed coaching and supervision for the people under his/her direct responsibility; he/she will ensure the design and implementation of high quality programs, the efficient management of public grants and private funds in accordance with donor procedures and in support of high quality reporting processes and the supervision of financial management systems.
He/she will participate in coordination meetings (UN cluster meetings, OCHA, INGO Network) and will represent the organization in front of national and international institutions in Tunisia and Libya.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- To represent the Organization in the country in front of National and International governmental and non-governmental Institutions
- To analyze the strategic priorities of the institutional donors (UN Agencies, EU, Embassies) and identify the most suitable opportunities in line with Helpcode mission and strategy.
- To identify the most suitable partners for the development of cooperation programs and define strategic agreements with them
- To define the strategic lines of development of the Organization’s operations in Libya and Tunisia and to design project proposals in accordance with donor’s guidelines and consistent with the strategic lines defined
- To coordinate the Organization’s interventions in all the project cycle phases, and to coordinate the resources and activities provided by the programs; to strengthen the capacities of local staff
- To coordinate the management of the Organization resources (human, logistical, financial) in the countries, optimizing their use for the implementation of institutional activities
- To identify and define responsibilities, logistical support, legal support, tax support, procedures and communication channels of the organization in countries
- To ensure good communication management, encouraging teamwork and the transparent transfer of information within the office on site, to the project areas and to the headquarters
- To manage relationships and to develop project proposals with partners, agreeing priorities with them
- To control and manage on-site activities and the operation of the local unit, supporting logistics, monitoring and verifying the proper functioning of administration and accounting
- Ensures an effective planning and implementation of the AICS project in Libya (renewable energy and development sector) as well as timely delivery of services in line with the targets set in the project description.
- Guarantees an efficient financial management for the project, in compliance with Helpcode model and donor regulations
- Conducts regular meetings with the project staff and support them (as needed) to follow up on project implementation including revision of targets against achievements, identification of gaps in the response in order to define needed adjustments in the implementation
- Ensure the relationship with the different actors of the project (donor, local partner, local authorities…)
- To coordinate the implementation of policies and procedures in Tunisia and Libya
- To properly implement the HELPCODE procedures and code of conduct.
- To interact with Communication Managers to promote fundraising activities and campaigns
- At least 6 years of relevant field experience in humanitarian, early recovery or development programs;
- Previous experience in the country or in a similar region in terms of culture and social context;
- Excellent communication, reporting and writing skills;
- Project cycle management and preparation of narrative and financial reports
- Ability to solve problems independently with innovative and creative approaches
- Ability to plan and implement strategies
- Skills and aptitude for staff training
- Good command of French and English
- Knowledge of the Libyan context
- Italian Language
- English and French language
- Experience in the Middle East or North Africa will be considered preferential title
- Experience in Wash/Renewable Energy/Education/Health
- Knowledge of local culture and the Libyan and Tunisian context
- Experience in institutional strengthening and in building project and strategic partnerships
To apply, send your CV, accompanied by 2 references and a cover letter by 10th May 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the reference CRPCLIBTUN2022
Please note that only pre-selected candidates will receive a response.
We believe in change.
A change that pushes us to do better and better, to reach new goals.
We support growth.
The growth of each child in a healthy family, in a safe school and in a serene and reliable community.
We invest in the future.
A future to which we look with concrete actions, aimed at giving lasting results in the field of children’s rights, starting from today.
We are Helpcode. We do what we say and say what we do; because living a childhood is the right of every child.
Our ideas on diversity
At Helpcode we value and invite diversity into our workforce as we know it is one of the factors that make us qualified to deal with the complex environments we work in. We see diversity as one of our organizational strengths. Our aim is to foster an inclusive workplace where everyone treats each other (including colleagues and beneficiaries) with dignity and respect.
At Helpcode we welcome applications from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic. Our policies encourage a workplace free from discrimination and any form of harassment.
We are constantly seeking to improve our policies and practices to be at the forefront of workplace diversity and inclusion standards, in line with human rights principles.
HELPCODE is an international solidarity organization, active since 1988 in various countries of Africa (Tunisia, Libya, Mozambique and RD Congo), Middle East (Yemen) and Asia (Nepal, Cambodia) working in education, protection, health, renewable energy, wash, nutrition and agriculture.