Coordinatrice/eur des finances pays – RDC
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Coordinatrice/eur des finances pays – RDC
Duty station: GOMA with frequent travel to the bases
Starting date: 15/04/2022
Contract duration: 12 months
Reporting to: Head of Mission; Regional finance coordinator
Supervision of: 4 provincial finance officers
Dependents: Non-family duty station
General context of the project
Present in DRC since 2010, INTERSOS DRC is operating in 4 provinces (Ituri, North Kivu, South Kivu, Tanganyika) in the protection sector through the protection monitoring and in the nutrition and food security sector. INTERSOS is mainly funded by UNHCR, WFP, UNICEF and Humanitarian Funds for a portfolio equal to approx. 5 millions euros.
General purpose of the position
The Finance Coordinator is responsible for the proper technical execution of all accounting and financial activities of the mission and its projects. In this context, it ensures correct and efficient management of financial resources, in accordance with the Organization’s procedures.
Main responsibilities and tasks
• Work closely with the Head of Mission to ensure compliance with INTERSOS and donor procedures in a difficult context that requires dynamism to achieve results
• Responsible for country and project accounting and coordinate the administrative and financial staff of the various provincial offices.
• Collaborate with the CdM in the preparation and monitoring of the economic and financial plans of the mission
• Ensure the administration of cash accounts with particular emphasis on the monitoring of funds transferred and expenditure in the field where strict and constant control is necessary
• In charge of ensuring the production of all financial reports in liaison with the project managers
• Ensure that INTERSOS respects the laws governing work, social contributions, and taxes.
• Assist in the drafting of new projects through the production of budgets
• In charge of updating the budget forecasting tool
• Any other task deemed necessary but not listed above
Required profile and experience
Have a Bac + 4 level in accounting and business management.
Have professional experience of at least 10 years as an manager in an accounting and financial function in a humanitarian context and 5 years as Country Finance Controller
- Professional experience in budget management and grant reporting (Grants) UNHCR, UNICEF, HF, etc.
- Previous work experience in complex and unstable contexts.
- Result oriented
- Good knowledge of IT tools (Excel/Word) and other software
English speaker accepted if previous experience in similar position
- Capacity to cope with the stress
- Capacity to deal with heavy caseload
- Able to prioritise tasks
- Capacity to structure the department and build capacity of the staff
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.