Amministratore – Italia, Ucraina, Romania, Polonia, Ungheria
Cesvi is an Italian-based NGO. The Organization in partnership with Alliance2015 network is currently responding to the humanitarian crisis followed to the conflict in Ukraine. Cesvi staff is currently deployed in Hungary, Poland and Romania; Cesvi staff will be shortly deployed also in Ukraine. Main activities on-going are: food and non-food item distribution, cash activities, legal-aid, protection and shelter in support of the refugees and IDPs.
We are looking for:
- 1 (one) Administrator
The collaboration will start in May / June 2022.
The main duty station will be Italy with periodic missions to Hungary, Poland, Romania and Ukraine.
Please note: different duty station arrangements may be considered.
The Administrator will respond to Emergency Team in HQ and will work in close collaboration with the Emergency Coordinator, Cesvi team in the field and the AAC (Area Administrative Coordinator) in HQ.
The Administrator is responsible for:
- accountancy of projects and preparation of all financial reports (for donors and Cesvi HQ);
- ensuring adequate controls over cash & bank management;
- managing the financial forecast update and schedule to meet the financial reporting requirements and deadlines specified by Cesvi HQ (and donors), in coordination with Cesvi Team in the field (PM) and Emergency Coordinator;
- supporting the preparation of financial plans, forecasts, budget analysis, in coordination with Cesvi Team in the field (PM), Emergency Coordinator and AAC in HQ;
- being responsible of the correct archive of documents and project’s goods;
- undertaking regular field visits in order to assess the correspondence and coherence;
- managing the national staff admin and HR coordinated with Emergency Coordinator;
- supporting in the elaboration of project proposals, for the budgetary aspect.
- Degree in Economics or at least three (3) years post qualification experience in a finance/accounting role overseas in the INGOs sector
- Knowledge of effective financial and budgetary planning and control, review and evaluation
- Good knowledge of main donors’ administrative rules and procurement procedures (UE, ECHO, AICS – Italian Agency for Cooperation and Development, etc.)
- Ability to produce timely project proposals and high-quality financial reports
- Excellent understanding of budget issues in humanitarian projects (i.e. administrative and financial planning)
- Proficiency in English, written and spoken
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Prior experience in Eastern Europe and/or other complex areas
- Experience in coordinating activities across multiple locations, also remotely
- Extensive experience of working role within a complex country programme in recovery and emergency response or in fragile state or protracted crises
- Knowledge of rules and regulations of main institutional donors operating in emergency (i.e. ECHO)
- Knowledge of Italian (oral and written)
- Knowledge of Russian (oral and written)
- Knowledge of Ukrainian (oral and written)
Cesvi has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners.
Cesvi commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process performance.
Cesvi pays particular attention to safeguarding the health of all the human resources of the Organisation. Therefore, in order to protect its staff, an assessment of their suitability for the position in each mission is carried out before departure. Such assessment is done by the Occupational Doctor of the Organisation, who will also examine the vaccination coverage, including the anti-Covid19 vaccination.
Please note: due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.