Regional Finance Controller – YAI (Yemen, Afghanistan, Iran)
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
- Job Title: Regional Finance Controller – YAI (Yemen, Afghanistan, Iran)
- Code: SR-00-2534
- Duty station: HQ, with travels in field locations (around 30%)
- Starting date: 07/08/2022
- Contract duration: 12 month
- Reporting to: Regional Finance Coordinator (YAI)
- Supervision of: CFC of the YAI Region
- Dependents: Non-family duty station
- General context of the project
In recent years INTERSOS, the largest Italian humanitarian organization, has faced significant changes in terms of rising challenges, adopted structure, contexts to work. In this framework the Finance Department must redefine itself to effectively respond to the new demanding issues and assure the control over specific strategic processes, in order to guarantee the overall organization and its sustainability.
General purpose of the position
In the framework of the Strategic Plan (2022-2024), the Finance Department has identified a new role, the Regional Finance Controller, that will be assigned one for each Region, and in support of the Regional Finance Coordinator s/he will be responsible for the quality of the accounting data. S/he will liaise with the Country Finance Coordinators aimed at verifying and validating their output. Among his/her main tasks, the verification of regional accounting data, the consistency and correctness of donor reporting and other relevant operational tasks.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Review and check Journal workbook of each Mission of the Region;
- Ensure accuracy of Regional accounting;
- Review country office receivables balances to ensure appropriate and timely followup;
- Ensure that senior management is aware of financial, accounting and administrative issues that may impact country offices’ performance;
- Upload on cloud Drive of the Mission the monthly verified accounting.
- Review financial reports prior to submission to the donors;
- Review financial part of the amendments/budget revisions;
- Review and finalize closeouts for grants.
- Move to the Country office for technical induction of new deployed Country Finance Coordinators;
- Temporary replace (max 30 days) the vacant position of Country Finance Coordinators of the assigned Region in case of unavailability of Roving Finance officers.
Required profile and experience
- Degree in economics and business
- Five years of experience working in a finance position, with a focus on management control
- Experience in humanitarian/non-profit organizations will be considered a plus
- Field experience will be considered a plus
- Advanced knowledge of excel.
- Strong experience with accounting software (i.e. SAGA)
- Experience working with institutional donors, and knowledge of their procedures (UN, EU, and/or agencies of ministries of foreign affairs)
- Experience in the development and control of financial reporting
- Experience in management and control of main financial proxies
- Fluent English
- Italian, will be considered a plus
- Team-work, used to work with multicultural team
- Strong interpersonal and representation skills, to be able to relate with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong stress management and able to respect tight deadlines
- Strong details orientation
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong adherence to humanitarian values
Candidates applying to this position need to have the right to work in EU