Terre des Hommes Italia sta selezionando un/a Head of MEAL Department da inserire nella sua operatività in Libano. Durata 12 mesi. Scadenza candidature 31/05/2022
Head of MEAL Department – Libano
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: 1 year with a 2-months’ probation, renewable
Duty station: Lebanon (Beirut, with frequent field visits to North Bekaa and Mount Lebanon)
Terre des Hommes Italia (TDH IT), member of Terre des hommes International Federation, works in 21 developing countries implementing projects and activities for the benefit of more than 3 million people.
TDH IT implements relief and mid-term programmes and projects in the fields of education, primary health, protection, PSS and child rights.
Terre des Hommes Italia works in Lebanon since 2006. Since then, it has implemented several educational, protection and livelihood interventions in the most deprived areas of the country and in the Palestinian refugee camps.
Since the onset of the Syria crisis, Terre des Hommes has provided support to the Syrian refugee families fleeing their country and looking for a shelter in Lebanon, thanks to the support various donors (EU, ECHO, UNICEF, UNHCR, OCHA Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Agenzia Italiana per la Cooperazione allo Sviluppo-AICS).
As part of this work, TDH IT has developed a MEAL Department, and is now looking for a Head of MEAL Department.
The Head of MEAL Department will be responsible of:
- Design and develop the MEAL Country strategy and Guidelines to ensure that all the components (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning) are performed at country level
- Manage and develop the whole MEAL system and mechanism at country level, ensuring accurate and timely reporting and the effective dissemination of the evaluation findings
- Design the MEAL plan for each project and area, in coordination with the MEAL Managers, in compliance with the projects Log-frames, donors’ requirements, the sectoral regulation and the international standards
- Design and develop MEAL tools and SOPs to be adopted at country level, with the support of the MEAL Managers, to ensure that all the MEAL activities and mechanism are harmonized in all the areas of intervention
- Supervise the technical development of the existing IM platform to be used at country level in all the area of intervention
- Perform data quality checking and data analysis on regular basis
- Finalize monthly reports and analysis reports (including need assessment) at country level, according to the reporting deadlines and the Delegation needs
- Provide evidence-based recommendations and trend analysis at country level, to actively support program implementation, donor reporting, planning and programming as well as proposal writing
- Provide continuous capacity building and training to the MEAL staff on data collection methodologies, data analysis and reporting
- Technical and operational management of the MEAL Managers to ensure that the MEAL activities are performed according to the Guidelines, SOPs and Plans, ensuring and so to ensure the quality of data and reports
- Act as M&E Manager within the BTF Consortium, ensuring harmonized MEAL mechanism, framework and guidelines and attending Project Leading Committee and Project Steering Committee meetings
- Regularly chair technical meetings with the MEAL staff and coordinate across different Department, areas, and component to ensure an effective MEAL implementation
- Regularly attend on behalf of TDH IT sector/cluster and inter-agency meetings
- Design and plan external evaluation or any relevant consultancies
Position Reports to: Country Delegate
Technical reference/Indirect Reporting: Head of Program, Child Protection Program Manager, Education Program Manager, Technical Advisors.
Collaborates with: MEAL Managers, IM Country Manager, Project Managers
Other Internal and/or external contacts: Logistics and Supply Chain Department
Internal: other members of TDH IT programs in the field
External: Donors, BTF Consortium partners, local partners –Other NGOs/INGOs, and SDCs
Education / Training
- University Degree in International Development, Statistics, Social Science, or similar relevant degrees
- Perfect acquaintance with main donors’ procedures and requirements in terms of MEAL (EU, UNICEF, OCHA, AICS)
- Proven ability to use statistical software packages and main tools for data collection
- At least 3 years of professional experience with humanitarian organizations in designing, implementing, reporting, monitoring, and evaluating interventions focused on Education, Protection, PSS
- Proven technical ability and experience in survey design, sampling methodologies, data analytics and statistical analysis
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential. Arabic is an asset
- Highly developed analytical and reporting skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Excel, Word processing, Power Point
- Basic skills in database design and other information management tools
- Previous working experience in the Middle East is a strong asset
Knowledge & skills and Required Personal Characteristics (fitting into team, suitability for the job and assignment/mission)
- High level interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills, ability to capacity build others
- Commitment to the aims, principles, and values of TDH IT
- Ability to work well in a team, under pressure and in response to changing needs
- Very high sense of discretion and integrity when dealing with child protection cases
- High degree of responsibility, of taking initiatives, of having emotional stability
- Ability to prioritize a heavy workload and to delegate accordingly, and under culturally sensitive situations
- Self-motivated, flexible, and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization.
TDH Italia has a zero-tolerance policy towards SEAH and is not willing to employ any person who has been found guilty of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse or sexual harassment. Ethics is part of the annual performance appraisal.
Salary according to experience and TDH IT salary scale. Since the position advertised for is unaccompanied, TDH will not be responsible for providing benefits for the selected candidate’s family members.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates possessing required experience and skills are invited to send an updated CV and a motivation letter including at least two references to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting in the object of the email the reference Leb 03-2022
The deadline for receiving applications is the 31st of May 2022. Applications received after that date will not be considered.
Applications that do not meet the above-mentioned requirements will not be considered.
We apologize in advance as only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.