Cesvi is currently responding to the humanitarian crisis followed to the conflict in Ukraine. Cesvi response in Ukraine is focused on the Protection and Psycho-Social support of the most vulnerable population affected by the conflict. In particular, in Bucha district, Cesvi is implementing a multi-sector intervention in collaboration with local partners.
In this context, Cesvi is planning to start a new 6 months project focused on the sectors of multipurpose cash transfer and psyco-social support.
The Project Manager & Cash Expert will guarantee proper management of the project and provide the necessary technical support to set-up the cash transfer mechanism.
The collaboration is scheduled to start in August 2022.
The main duty station will be Cesvi office in Kyiv, with frequent travels to Bucha (implementation area of project activities).
The Project Manager & Cash Expert will refer to the Area Manager in HQ and the Emergency Regional Coordinator in the field.
S/He will work in close collaboration with Cesvi staff in Ukraine.
Main tasks and duties:
- Provide technical support for cash assistance-related activities
- Define and implement the strategy and implementation modalities of the project’s activities
- Select and supervise project local staff
- Ensure the proper monitoring of the project’ indicators, including through the development of monitoring tools
- Ensure the proper administrative-financial management of the activities, ensuring that expenditures are in line with the financial plan
- Ensure project reports are submitted timely according to Donor’s requests
- Develop and maintain track records of projects’ outputs, supervise the activities, prepare reports to the Donor and Cesvi HQ
- Guide and supervise the activities implemented by the local partner
- Ensure the application of the local Cash Working Group guidelines and standards in the project activities
- Regularly participate in Cash Working Group meetings and other sectoral coordination fora
- Select the Financial Service Provider for the transfer of money to the beneficiaries and supervise the services provided
- Supervise the Post Distribution Monitoring and analyses its results
- Ensure the proper application of Donor and Cesvi’s procedures
- Guarantee the respect of Cesvi Safeguarding procedures and standards
S/He will also provide inputs for the development of project proposals to expand Cesvi’s presence in the area.
- Degree in Project Management, International Development/Humanitarian sector and/or Economic development or other relevant sectors, obtained by at least 6 years
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in development/humanitarian projects funded by institutional donors; preferably in the sector of multi-purpose cash assistance
- Proven experience in managing Cash Assistance projects in humanitarian contexts and proven knowledge of the functioning of transfer of money through Financial Service Providers
- Fair understanding of budget issues in humanitarian projects (i.e. administrative and financial planning)
- High proficiency in Italian – written and spoken. Please note that the project’s Donor operates in Italian. Therefore, it is of utmost importance for the candidate to be proficient in Italian. Candidates that do not fulfill such requirement will not be taken into account.
- Proficiency in English, written and spoken
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel
- Prior experience in the Ukraine (ideal) and/or other security-sensitive environments
- Prior experience in implementing humanitarian projects addressed to Refugees, IDPs and Returnees
- Prior experience in the implementation of projects funded by AICS (Italian Cooperation)
- Knowledge of the agricultural sector
Cesvi has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners.
Cesvi commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process performance.
Cesvi pays particular attention to safeguarding the health of all the human resources of the Organisation. Therefore, in order to protect its staff, an assessment of their suitability for the position in each mission is carried out before departure. Such assessment is done by the Occupational Doctor of the Organisation, who will also examine the vaccination coverage, including the anti-Covid19 vaccination.