Fondazione Ambrosoli sta selezionando un/a Responsabile del Dipartimento Contabilità e Finanzada inserire nella sua operatività in Uganda. Durata 1 anno rinnovabile mesi. Scadenza candidature 05/08/2022
Position: Head of Accounting & Finance Department
Reports to: CEO
Duration: 1-year renewable
Salary Grade: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Dr Ambrosoli Memorial Hospital is a private not-for-profit rural hospital of missionary heritage belonging to the local Archdiocese of Gulu.
The General Manager and Head of Accounting & Finance Department is expected to fully understand and commit to the hospital’s approach of full acceptance of the hospital values and while it has to achieve an efficient use of its scarce resources, there are some core values that prevail on any other considerations. Efficiency cannot be achieved through actions that could potentially:
- Lower the actual standards of care of the patients
- Lower the welfare of the staff
- Collide in any other way with the mandate and the mission of the hospital as spelt out in the hospital statute
The Hospital Head of Accounting & Finance Department is a member of the Hospital Management Team (HMT) and of the hospital committees where s/he is delegated or holds statutory membership. His/her duties cover the following areas:
- Financial management
- Communication and office management
- Transport management
- Estate management (maintenance of hospital properties and the development of its structures)
- Maintains through the Accounts Section the general ledger, the chart of accounts and the other financial records, ensuring that they comply with Accepted Accounting Practices.
- Maintains records of all incomes and expenditures in accordance with the selected method of accountancy (double entry and cost centre).
- Ensure compliance with all operational, financial, registration and auditing protocols within Uganda and/or as required by donors’ procedures.
- Works directly with external and internal auditors to ensure appropriate and timely completion of audits and the strengthening of accounting and control systems.
- Ensures proper accountability to Government, District and other financial bodies.
- Ensure that budgets, financial statements and reports are made available completely and timely.
- Monitors cash flows and cash needs of the hospital in order to avoid cash crisis.
- Ensures compliance with the accountability requirements of the individual projects and supervises the project offices.
- Present regular project briefings and status updates to the team regarding budget vs actual and cost estimates.
- Controls and manages, through the IT personnel, the financial modules of the IT system.
- Ensures that the procurement procedures for duly approved purchases are enforced, in coordination with the Procurement Office and in compliance with the established procurement rules.
- Supervise finance staff in normal financial duties. Review and ensure accuracy in monthly/annual/grant-driven reports generated by finance staff, providing regular updates to CEO.
- Be service minded, keeping a professional and friendly attitude while dealing with colleagues and business partners.
- Report immediately to CEO any financial procedure breach.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance administration
- At least 5 years experience in financial management for large and complex projects in medium and large institutions (preferably in low resource contexts/African rural contexts).
- Ability and flexibility to handle high levels of pressure to meet very strict deadlines and critical decision-making.
- High integrity, unquestionable character and commitment coupled with good leadership qualities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, conversant with computer-based finance management software skills.
- Proven history of long-term engagement and stability.
- Has intimate knowledge of business models, financial systems and operations and is willing to follow and enforce hospital’s policies and procedures.
To apply for this position, please send your CV in pdf format via email: email@example.com