INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Medical Doctor
Duty station: Moldova
Starting date: 29/07/2022
Contract duration:6 months
Reporting to: Medical Coordinator
Supervision of: na
Dependents: Non-family duty station
General context of the project
The war broke out in Ukraine in march 2022. Since then millions of people have fled to the neighbouring countries raising a big concern on how to manage such an immense flux of people. In order to support the refugees, INTERSOS is setting up an emergency response operation in Moldova.
General purpose of the position
Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, INTERSOS strategy, values and universal hygiene standards in order to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevent. Carry out inpatient and outpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting protocols
- Keep the patient and/or his family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking has been understood
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his responsibility and take care of the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical materials. Ensure general compliance with standing hygiene standards. Is in charge of weekly/monthly consumption analysis and medical orders
- Participate in the collection, transmission and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its quality and informing the line manager about any problem or complication of the patient’s illness, medical error
- Monitor the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care
- Act as team leader of the medical team under his direct responsibility according to INTERSOS policies and procedures. Organize and schedule shift and rotations, supervise the team performance and the quality of the medical project activities and inform the line manager about any relevant problem within the team under his supervision
- Ensure professional confidentiality is respected among all the member of his team
- Collaborate with programme, logistics and HR department if requested
Required profile and experience
Medical Doctor diploma
- Minimum 1 year work experience as clinician.
- Desirable experience in tropical medicine, or post-registration in Public Health, obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics, infectious diseases, general practice, general medicine or minor surgery
Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Local working language desirable
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Behavioural flexibility
- Commitment to INTERSOS principles
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS. In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: “Platform issue – SR-59-2497-Position”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.