Accountant – Italia
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Accountant
Duty station: Rome
Starting date: 01/09/2022
Contract duration: until 31/12/2022
Reporting to: Country Finance Manager
Supervision of: N/A
Dependents: Non-family duty station
General context of the project
The INTERSOS-UNHCR Community Volunteers programme aims at piloting a community-based Protection response with the objective of strengthening the capacities of a pool of Community Volunteers selected among the Ukrainian communities and other refugee communities, in order to enhance participation, social cohesion and integration opportunities at local and national level. Provided with due skills and competencies, the Community Volunteers will be able to conduct and ultimately propose Community-based activities across five different Italian cities: Naples, Rome, Bologna, Milan, Torino, Palermo and Abruzzo region. Six volunteers will be selected from the Ukrainian Community and six volunteers from other refugee communities and will operate in each city or territory.
The final aim of the Project is to contribute to the enhancement of the pre-existing networks and to the development of new channels of cooperation among the community across Italy, alongside the collaboration with national and local actors. By strengthening the capacity of Protection networks through an Outreach strategy, the Projects aims at promoting a meaningful participation of the newly arrived communities, involving refugees, asylum seekers and host communities in the process of decision making in the economic, social and cultural life in Italy.
General purpose of the position
The Accountant will liaise with the Team Leaders and take care of the reimbursement due to the volunteers on monthly basis upon the presentation of receipts. The Accountant will check that the documentation presented is compliant and that the expenditures are eligible.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Completing analysis and checks of the volunteers’ requests for reimbursements.
- Issuing payments related to the volunteers’ reimbursements.
- Generating financial reports related to volunteers’ reimbursements.
- File documents to maintain historical records.
- Supporting the Country Finance Coordinator in checking expenditures related to the Project
- When needed, support the HR Dept in administrative side of the volunteer management
Required profile and experience
- Degree in Economics, Finance or Accounting, or Diploma in Accounting or related field.
- At least 1 one year professional experience in Accounting
- Experience of accounting rules, procedures and regulations
- Experience with accounting software and data entry
- Excellent understanding of accounting rules and procedures
- Ability to work independently
- Italian and english
- Ability to manage time.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to report accurately.
- Possess attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently
- Humanitarian motivation and commitment
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below: https://www.intersos.org/en/work-with-us/italy/#intersosorg-vacancies-italy/vacancy-details/62e7fbf7be48620021cf7278/
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS. In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to email@example.com, with subject line: “Platform issue – SR-01-2691-Position”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.