INTERSOS sta selezionando un/a High-Value Donor Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Italia. Durata 12 mesi. Scadenza candidature 15/09/2022
High-Value Donor Manager – Italia
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: High-Value Donor Manager
Duty station: HQ / Rome
Starting date: 01/10/2022
Contract duration: 1 year (renewable)
Reporting to: Fundraising Coordinator
Supervision of: /
Dependents: Non-family duty station
General context of the project
INTERSOS is a humanitarian organization in the frontline of emergencies, working all over the world to bring independent, impartial and neutral humanitarian aid to people, families, and communities whose lives are threatened by conflict, extreme poverty, natural or manmade disasters. It does so by providing assistance and protection during humanitarian emergencies, according to its operational and resource capacities. Our interventions are based upon the values of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equal rights and opportunities for all people, and respect for diversity and coexistence.
In this context, private funding plays a critical role in increasing the capacity of the organization to implement time-effective, autonomous and relevant emergency intervention, while contributing to the general financial sustainability. The High-Value Donors Programme plays a critical role in reaching this objective.
General purpose of the position
Define the strategy and manage the activities dedicated to national and international “High Value Donors” (Foundations, Companies and Major Donors) in all its aspects, from mapping prospect donors, to drafting and revising project proposals, ensuring compliance and regular reporting, supporting dedicated retention and communications plans.
Main responsibilities and tasks
• Coordinates the process of writing & submitting project proposals in collaboration with the Programs & Finance Department.
• Map and screen national and international Foundations, Companies and philanthropists according to INTERSOS policies and mandate.
• In coordination with Programs Department (Head of Dpt.; Regional Directors, Heads of mission, Project Managers), and together with her colleagues in Comms&Fr Dpt., identify new funding opportunities
• Organize field visits with donors and in order to support INTERSOS’ missions
• Plan ad hoc retention activities
• Represent INTERSOS in events, conferences, network and workshops related to High Value Donors
• Plan the annual activities of the High Value Donors’ Program with a specific focus on donors who support our projects with restricted donations.
• Study the donations trend at national and international level (Foundations and, in general, Institutional Philanthropy ones).
• Advise on the general annual planning of Communications and Fundraising activities..
Budget monitoring and Compliance
• Participate in a Permanent Working Group made up of Programs, Finance, Grant Control and the MEL (Monitoring&Evaluation) function with the aim to guarantee the compliance to internal procedures and to donors’ (active and potential) requests and standards.
• Forecast and monitor quarterly financial reports on the High Value Donors’ program.
• In order to guarantee the most efficient implementation of the High Value Donors’ program, together with Finance Dept, ad hoc tools for budget, cost recovery and cash flows monitoring.
Required profile and experience
• Bachelor / Master Degree (Laurea specialistica o vecchio ordinamento)
• Specific specialization, master or documented training in fundraising
• At least 3 years of work experience in managing High-Value Donors and Foundations’ Grants
• Project design and monitoring
• In depth knowledge of fundraising planning, managing and monitoring tools
• Excellent writing skills
• Excellent networking skills
• Proficient use of the Office Suite Programmes
• Fluent Italian and English
• Strong motivation and adherence to the humanitarian principles and the mission of INTERSOS
• Flexibility in working hours, week end / holidays when required by the situation/ context
• Strong attitude for teamwork and collaboration within a complex organization.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to adapt to unexpected events
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS. In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: “Platform issue – SR-00-2686-Position”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.