Proposal Development Expert | Focus: Green Climate Fund – Italia
POSITION: Proposal Development Expert – Focus: Green Climate Fund
AREA: Institutional Partnership and Business Development
PLACE OF WORK: Save the Children Italia Onlus (Rome) or home-based
REFERS TO: Proposal development Team Coordinator
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Co.co.co.
ANNUAL COMPENSATION: 30.000 – 32.000 € Gross
This role will contribute to SC Italy Institutional Partnerships & Business development strategy by ensuring that high quality proposals are submitted to key institutional donors and that Save the Children project development practices, donor compliance and international standards are met. Especially, this position is aimed at contributing to the development of proposals to be funded by the Green Climate Fund. However, as needed, the recruited proposal development expert will also support the Institutional Partnership and Business Development Department in the development of proposals funded by other donors, such as INTPA, ECHO, AICS.
- Collects, analyses and ensures an in depth knowledge of the guidelines, templates, rules and procedures of Green Climate Fund applications
- Leads on proposal development process from the go-no-go to the signature of the contract with the donor. To this end, ensures coordination of different actors involved (internal and external to SC Italy) in relevant key stages of the process
- Collects and analyses key material (user guide) to be used for the development of quality project proposals;
- Ensures that the relevant Country Office staff involved in the process have a clear understanding of the donor/call for proposal priorities and are appropriately guided in the project design
- Responsible for the development of the main proposal development outputs (concept note, full proposal, logical framework, work plan etc.)
- Supports and contributes to the proposal budget development in cooperation with Grant/finance staff
- Responsible for final proofreading and consolidation of mandatory supporting and administrative documents (including translation when needed)
- Ensures that high quality proposals are timely submitted to donors in line with their guidelines and templates
- Coordinate, supervise and manage international consultants who may be involved in the process
- Guides the evaluation of full proposal development process and ensures that key learning are captured to improve future processes
- Focal point for the development of environmental cross cutting elements to be included in proposals submitted by StC Italy to institutional donors
- Upon need, being involve in proposal development for other international donors, such as INTPA, ECHO, AICS, etc
KPIs tracking and analysis
- Support the tracking and monitoring of identified KPIs related to proposal development and analysis of strengths and weaknesses of submitted proposals
- Ensures that key data and info are properly recorded into StC Italy and SC International main database, files and systems
- Contributes to the improvement of tools and processes to collect, monitor and analyse data
- Contributes to the development of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting on the institutional funding
- Contributes to the development of business development learning report.
COs Capacity Building
- Support the capacity building of Country Offices staff on GCF’s templates, rules and requirements in coordination with SCI and other members
- Contributes to the delivery of tailored capacity building in key priority countries
- Liaise with SC Australia for the capitalization of SCI produced guides and material
- The position may require short term missions for proposal development or capacity building activities
- The position may require involvement in donor engagement activities linked to specific opportunities, as relevant
- The position may be involved in other tasks related to business development as necessary
Mid term results
- Development of assigned proposal development processes according to StC Italy quality standard and procedures
- Other tasks assigned in line with the defined responsibilities carried out timely
- Submission of high quality proposals for the Green Climate Fund
- Quality support provided to key functions throughout the proposal development/design
- Contribution to capitalization of a StC IT expertise in terms of climate change with regards to proposal development for institutional donors
EXPERIENCES & QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree (at least MSc) in international development with focus on climate change, natural resource management, environmental science or similar from an acknowledged institute
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in climate change or environment within international development projects. Previous experience with the Green Climate Fund would be an important asset
- Strong proposal development skills and detailed knowledge of Logical Framework & Theory of Change approaches, PCM, budget development
- Proved experience in capacity building to multicultural audiences on institutional donors related matters (compliance, templates, etc.)
- Experience in managing relationships with high-value consultants, including holding external consultants to account in planning and execution of deliverables to a high quality.
- Excellent written and oral communication and team player skills including proven success in ability to present ideas and concepts effectively and persuasively.
- Previous experience in an International NGO (Overseas working experience is a plus)
- Fluent in English and Italian, both written and verbal.
- Good level of French, both written and verbal, is a plus.
- Capacity to relate to a different range of internal and external stakeholders
- Flexible and adaptable to changing context
- Pragmatic/solutions oriented/problem solver yet having strong analytical skills
- Strong team player
- Able to work effectively with others towards the achievement of common objectives
- Positive attitude, high sense of responsibility and strongly result-oriented