Proposal Development Expert – Italia
TERMS OF REFERENCE
POSITION: Proposal Development Expert
AREA/DEPARTMENT: Institutional Partnership and Business Development Department
PLACE OF WORK: Save the Children Italia Onlus (Roma)
REFERS TO: Proposal development Team Coordinator
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Co.co.co.
SALARY: 28.000 – 31.000 € Gross Salary
CSP LEVEL: 1
This role will contribute to SC Italy Institutional Partnerships & Business development strategy by ensuring that high quality proposals are submitted to key institutional donors and that Save the Children project development practices, donor compliance and international standards are met. This position will also contribute to keeping track and monitoring of SC Italy institutional funding KPIs and to SC Country Offices capacity building in proposal development and donors’ compliance, in line with SC Italy role within the SCA system.
- Collects, analyses and ensures an in depth knowledge of the guidelines, templates, rules and procedures of SC Italy main institutional donors (INTPA/NEAR, ECHO, AICS, UN agencies etc.);
- Leads on proposal development process from the go-no-go to the signature of the contract with the donor. To this end, ensures coordination of different actors involved (internal and external to SC Italy) in relevant key stages of the process;
- Collects and analyses key data and info on SC Italy main countries of intervention (situation analysis, needs assessments, country strategies, etc.) to be used for the development of quality project proposals;
- Ensures that the relevant Country Office staff involved in the process have a clear understanding of the donor/call for proposal priorities and are appropriately guided in the project design to meet them;
- Responsible for the development of the main proposal development outputs (concept note, full proposal, logical framework, work plan etc.)
- Supports and contributes to the proposal budget development in cooperation with Grant/finance staff;
- Responsible for final proofreading and consolidation of mandatory supporting and administrative documents;
- Ensures that high quality proposals are timely submitted to donors in line with their guidelines and templates;
- Guides the evaluation of full proposal development process and ensures that key learning are captured to improve future processes
KPIs tracking and analysis
- Support the tracking and monitoring of identified KPIs related to proposal development and analysis of strengths and weaknesses of submitted proposals
- Ensures that key data and info are properly recorded into SC Italy and SC International main database, files and systems;
- Contributes to the improvement of tools and processes to collect, monitor and analyse data
- Contributes to the development of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting on the institutional funding:
- Contributes to the development of business development learning report.
COs Capacity Building
- Support the capacity building of Country Offices staff on donor templates, rules and requirements in coordination with SCI and other members;
- Contributes to the delivery of tailored capacity building in key priority countries (and webinars);
- Contributes to the revision of training modules within the EU Account management Group
- The position participates to internal learning processes as well as in SC Italy taskforces activated at department and/or direction level
- The position may require involvement in donor engagement activities linked to specific opportunities, as relevant
- The position may be involved in other tasks related to business development as necessary
- Development of assigned proposal development processes ensured according to SC Italy quality standard and procedures
- Other tasks assigned in line with the defined responsibilities carried out timely
- Engagement and quality support provided to reach the Department KPI on institutional funding
- Quality Support to proposal development unit provided on the various tasks assigned
EXPERIENCES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Master degree in International Studies, Human Rights, Political Sciences, International cooperation, Economics
- Proved experience in proposal development for institutional donors (DEVCO; ECHO; AICS as a minimum), capacity building to multicultural audiences on institutional donors related matters (compliance, templates, etc.) and business development KPIs tracking and analysis.
- Previous experience in an International NGO (Overseas working experience is a plus)
- Strong proposal development skills and detailed knowledge of Logical Framework & Theory of Change approaches, PCM, budget development, AICS, ECHO, INTPA rules & procedures as a minimum.
- Fluent in English and Italian, both written and verbal.
- Good level of French, both written and verbal, is a plus.
- Capacity to relate to a different range of internal and external stakeholders
- Flexible and adaptable to changing context
- Pragmatic/solutions oriented/problem solver yet having strong analytical skills
- Strong team player
- Able to work effectively with others towards the achievement of common objectives
- Positive attitude, high sense of responsibility and strongly result-oriented