Cesvi Fondazione Onlus sta selezionando un/a Program Coordinator da inserire nella sua operatività in Tunisia/Libia . Durata 6 mesi. Scadenza candidature 15/10/2022
Cesvi is operating in Libya since 2011 as the first Italian NGO to take action, in the aftermath of the Arab Spring, through humanitarian projects in Cyrenaica and Tripolitania. Nowadays Cesvi is one of leading NGOs in Libya, very active in the coordination of various sector working groups – in particular protection ones – with a diverse donors’ portfolio and serving all vulnerable target populations. In detail, Cesvi has been implementing programs supporting mixed migrants, IDPs and vulnerable host communities through service provision. This includes center-based and outreach protection activities (including child protection and GBV), warehouse management, non-food distributions, awareness-raising activities, psychosocial support, referrals to external services, cash assistance and non-formal education, CSO organizational development and local actors- capacity building
– UNHCR: Protection and lifesaving assistance to refugees and asylum seekers (Tripoli)
– UNICEF: Psychosocial support and remedial education for children of IDPs and refugees (Tripoli – Misrata and Zwara)
– EU: PEERS II: Protection Enabling Environment and Resilience Services (Misrata)
– EU-DG NEAR CSO: Strengthen the capacity of CSOs and informal groups in the South and East of Libya
The collaboration will start in November 2022.
The main duty station will be the Country Office in Tunis, with a minimum of 50% regular stay in Libya (Tripoli, Misrata and other relevant locations), when security conditions allow it.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the implementation of projects in Libya.
The Program Coordinator works in close coordination with the Senior Management Team composed by the Regional Manager (RM), the Strategic Development and Quality Coordinator, the Finance & Operations Coordinator, the HR & Innovation Coordinator, and the National Representative (based in Libya).
In particular, s/he will contribute to:
• Ensuring that Cesvi Country program portfolio is executed on time, on budget, and delivers the expected outputs, outcomes, and impact
• Ensuring strategic coherence and vision of the newly defined country strategy and programming, based on active participation in the conduction of assessments, drafting new proposals and amendments
• Ensuring strong and consistent Cesvi representation in Cluster, Working Group (WG), Area Coordination, and donors meeting in Libya.
• Constant supervision of projects and project managers, to monitor qualitative implementation as well as sound budget spending of projects and coordinating project managers in direct implementation, ensuring full procedural compliance
• Review of any variations/amendments for the extension or revision of the projects
• Active participation in the new donors’ acquisition: identification of new projects within Cesvi’s sector, support the entire process of finalizing new proposals in collaboration with the senior management team
• Coordinate assessments in the country in coordination with the Senior Management Team (SMT)
• Give inputs to the SMT in the revision of the internal procedures manual and guidelines related to effective Project Cycle Management (PCM)
• Give inputs to RM and Support service staff for office management and resource planning, including ensuring compliance in financial operations, budgeting, and administration
• Contribute to ensuring an effective security management system in Libya
• Coordinate missions to Libya
• Consistent experience in program management (more than 5 years), including project cycle management, proposal writing, budget development and management, internal and external reporting
• More than 5 years of field experience and broad knowledge of characteristics relevant to conflict-affected or post-conflict contexts, and specific operational experience with refugee, emergency, and recovery programming
• Knowledge of finance monitoring and follow-up tools
• Experience in Protection and Cash programming
• Experience of coordinating activities across locations, including remote management
• Demonstrated experience in meeting high, evidence-based monitoring and evaluation standards
• Experience with different donors, mainly the EU and UN
• HR staff management of both expats and national staff in challenging environments
• Experience in training and coaching
• Sound experience in delivering outputs under tight deadlines
• Ability for rapid analysis of very complex issues, strong decision-making, and translation of programmatic learning and priorities into operational strategies
• Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication, and ease in managing a multiethnic team
• Good team leadership and conflict resolution skills, consensus team building, and adaptability
• Ability and willingness to work in remote and isolated locations with ever-changing security scenarios
• Good computer and IT skills
• Strong communication and writing skills in English
• Prior experience in Libya
• Experience in promotion of CSO organizational development, local actor capacity building also through third-party financing
• Certified attendance to personal security training such as HEAT
• Knowledge of Arabic and/or French
– 3000 – 3500 € gross monthly salary
– 450 € House Allowance in Tunis
– 1 round trip flight every 12 months
– health insurance
– refund up to 230€ for visa renewal flight fares
Cesvi has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners. Cesvi commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process performance.
Cesvi pays particular attention to safeguarding the health of all the human resources of the Organisation. Therefore, in order to protect its staff, an assessment of their suitability for the position in each mission is carried out before departure. Such assessment is done by the Occupational Doctor of the Organisation, who will also examine the vaccination coverage, including the anti-Covid19 vaccination.
Please note: due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.