Programme Manager Livelihood and food security – Sudan
CISP is looking for a livelihood and food security expert to support the development of its country programme in Sudan.
CISP started its activities in the country in 2019 and it’s currently seeking to strengthen its programme focusing on the response to emergencies related to food and nutritional insecurity.
The expert will be in charge of supervising the implementation and coordination of the ongoing projects in the sector and for the identification and pursuit of new opportunities.
Terms of Reference
- Ensure coordination and quality management of projects implemented in Sudan in compliance with CISP’s management system and donor’s requirements, with particular focus on the livelihood and food security sector.
- Ensure continuous relations with donors, submission of quality and timely narrative and financial reports. Support processes of external evaluations and audits.
- Ensure innovative approaches are included in existing and future programs in order to increase positive impact on project beneficiaries.
- Carry out field missions to monitor ongoing projects and strengthen the collaboration with partners and beneficiaries.
- Identify and coordinate the relations with implementing partners (defining and signing MoUs, review meetings, etc.).
- Attend meetings and workshops with local authorities, donor representatives or key stakeholders.
- Guarantee coordination of CISP promotion activities in the country, by ensuring constant supervision of the development of new proposals.
- With the advice and under the supervision of the headquarters, ensure the strategic development of the programs and the presence of the organization in the country.
- Ensure compliance with the procedures and policies of CISP and donors.
- Identify possible partnerships both at specific project level and at strategic level.
- Ensure CISP qualified visibility.
Managerial and administrative responsibilities
- Supervision of project/country financial planning.
- Ensure compliance of all expenditures and purchases with CISP management system, donor procedures and the requirements of national legislation.
- Ensure the management of human resources deployed by CISP in the programme.
- Master’s Degree in Humanitarian / Development Studies / Social Sciences or any related field
- At least 5 years of working experience on Food Security, Livelihood, Social Protection, Conflict Management & Peace Building
- Experience in programmes with multipurpose cash distribution components and/or strong administrative/financial competence and experience
- Expertise in post-distribution monitoring (PDM): data analysis and report writing
- Good knowledge of EU, AICS, UN Agencies management procedures (preferably at least 2 years experience)
- Previous working experience in Sudan or Eastern Africa region is preferred
- Excellent in written and spoken English. Knowledge of Arabic and Italian will be a plus
- Good communication and writing skills as well as a good aptitude for stress management
- Ability to create, coordinate and manage partnership relationships with donors and civil society organizations
- Ability to work under pressure and operate in complex contexts
Interested candidates can send their CV with authorization to process personal data (Legislative Decree 196/2003 and Article 13 GDPR – EU Regulation 2016/679), a motivational letter and at least two contacts for references to the email address email@example.com with subject: “Sudan – Programme manager” by 15.10.2022
CISP reserves the right to terminate the selection if a sufficient number of applications has been received, and the right to modify, extend, suspend or reopen the terms of this selection procedure if the need or opportunity arises.