INTERSOS sta selezionando un/a Logistics and Supply Officer da inserire nella sua operatività in Moldavia . Durata until 31/03/2023 mesi. Scadenza candidature 11/10/2022
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Logistics and Supply Officer
Duty station: Chisinau
Starting date: 31/10/2022
Contract duration: until 31/03/2023
Reporting to: Country Logistics and Supply Coordinator
Supervision of: Base Logistics Team
Dependents: Non-family duty station
General context of the project
INTERSOS is currently present in Poland, Moldova and Ukraine to guarantee primary healthcare, protection and psychological support to refugees from Ukraine, with particular attention to the most vulnerable people, such as women and children
General purpose of the position
- Carry out or supervise all logistics, supply and ITC activities in the base and associated projects according to INTERSOS standards and protocols in order to have the material, infrastructure and vehicles in optimal running conditions.
- Plan, oversight, and manage logistics and supply support operations to ensure smooth accomplishment of base/project activities.
Main responsibilities and tasks
Logistics Information Management
- Input Logistics Data in INTERSOS Logistics software (Intersos Management Platform – IMP) in an accurately and timely manner.
- Provide training to base staffs if required and support the implementation of INTERSOS Logistics software in the mission
Supply Chain Management and Procurement
- Plan, coordinate and supervise the supply activities of the base and define the level of priority. Implement the adequate tools and procedures
- Carry out local purchases (RFQ and Direct Purchase) for goods and services in respect of INTERSOS and donor requirements and ensure that the line manager is aware of any problems linked to the quality or availability of the items to be purchased
- Follow up the payments of all suppliers and collect all the necessary supporting documents from them i.e. receipts and delivery notes. Ensure before any payment is made all originals are in coordination office
- Support the Country Supply Manager or Country Logistics Coordinator/Manager in ensuring that all procurements are completed on IMP and all necessary documents are uploaded and properly archived in the finance department
- In collaboration with the Country Logistics Coordinator/Supply Manager and the PM Is responsible for the effective usage of the IMS and accounting of inventories
- Follow the defined Procurement Plan and coordinate the local purchases with project staffs
- Submit purchase requests to the Country Supply Manager for ITB and tenders and/or any other purchase that cannot be made locally
- Facilitate the negotiation with local purchasers and maintain good relationships with suppliers
- Run market assessments and update the pre-qualified suppliers lists
- Update all the supplier files and ensure all formation related to the supplier have been fully updated on the IMP
- Collaborate for the preparation of the monthly logistics report
Facilities and Communications Management
- Ensure the installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and guesthouses facilities in an adequate living condition and in accordance with INTERSOS minimum standards and brand identity manual.
- Ensure the application of defined safety and security measures and make inspection visits to assess the rehabilitation needs of facilities
- Ensure that facilities have an appropriate IT and Communications infrastructure and equipment to sustain INTERSOS software platforms and in line with policies and procedures – allowing permanent communication between capital, projects, bases and HQ and proper management of the bases.
- Guarantee that all staffs in the mission have proper training on how to use communications equipment available (e.g. satellite phones, HF/VHF radios, computers, etc.)
- Support on the purchase, use and maintenance of IT assets, office and project equipment and communication tools, while ensuring that all base assets registered in IMP are documented, issued with unique INTERSOS asset numbers, tagged and logged according to asset management policies and procedures
- Support the CLC/CLM on reporting asset list at the end of project and oversee asset rollover according to defined destination with the Programs department
- Oversee regular fixed assets check on a quarterly basis
- Ensure that INTERSOS Fleet Management model, movement security protocols and Brand Identity Manual is applied in the base, fleet is checked, regularly maintained and that vehicles are insured and taxes are paid
- Follow-up on proper monitoring of fuel consumption and use of vehicle log-book, maintenance log, oil log and other fleet formats and templates by field logistics staffs. Ensure that proper documentation of vehicles (i.e. lease, insurance, mechanical inspection, etc.) is properly handled by logistics staffs
- Plan vehicles movements, tracking individual trips, and ensuring implementation of security measures
Human Resources Management
- Monitor activities of contractors and team under his responsibility
- Monitor technical aspects of the project risk reduction policy, transport, communication, protection, identification and preparation of the technical aspects of the security policy and guidelines, evacuation plan and contingency plan, monitoring day-to day the application of security rules and reporting to the CLC/CLM and Head of Mission any problem that may arise. For this purpose, the Base Logistics Officer has to create an appropriate environment to facilitate security exchange of information
Required profile and experience
- Essential secondary education
- 2 years experience working in logistics
- Experience working with an NGOs is desiderable
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, and internet) and radio equipment user-knowledge
- Team management experience
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of local language is considered a plus
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Behavioral flexibility
- Results and quality orientation
- Service orientation
- Stress management
- Commitment to INTERSOS principles
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below: https://www.intersos.org/en/work-with-us/field/#intersosorg-vacancies/vacancy-details/6331c360920f390021e49956/
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS. In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: “Platform issue – SR-59-2753-Position”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.