Education Program Manager
Position: Education Program Manager – Reports to the Head of Programs
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: 12 months with a 2-months’ probation, renewable
Duty station: Lebanon (Beirut, with frequent field visits to North Bekaa and Mount Lebanon)
Terre des Hommes Italia (TDH IT), member of Terre des hommes International Federation, works in 21 developing countries implementing projects and activities for the benefit of more than 3 million people.
TDH IT implements relief and mid-term programmes and projects in the fields of education, primary health, protection, PSS and child rights.
Terre des Hommes Italia works in Lebanon since 2006. Since then, it has implemented several educational, protection and livelihood interventions in the most deprived areas of the country and in the Palestinian refugee camps.
Since the onset of the Syria crisis, Terre des Hommes has provided support to the Syrian refugee families fleeing their country and looking for a shelter in Lebanon, thanks to the support various donors (EU, ECHO, UNICEF, UNHCR, OCHA Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Agenzia Italiana per la Cooperazione allo Sviluppo-AICS).
In the framework of its work in the Country, TDH It is recruiting an Education Program Manager (based in Beirut) to join our team in Lebanon.
The Education Program Manager is specifically responsible of:
- In collaboration with Country Delegate, Head of Programs, and technical staff, develop and implement an appropriate and effective strategy related to the Education Sector, setting clear objectives and indicators
- Develop new proposals, aligned to the Organization Country Strategy, in collaboration with Country Delegate, the Education and technical coordinators, involving a multisector approach
- Support donor relations by contributing to the production of various communication products and accompanying donor during field visits, in coordination with field office colleagues
- Provide strategic and technical guidance on key components of the Organization work to foster good practices and ensure that minimum standards are met
Strategic partnership and networking/representation
- Support in developing the country strategy document
- Submit relevant documentation and data for project proposal development
- Participate in Cluster/Sector coordination meetings at National level and other working groups or coordination meetings, as required, representing the organization and feeding back to the Country Delegate and technical coordinators on relevant issues, and following up on relevant action points
- Develop and maintain appropriate, regular, transparent and supportive communication with the assigned staff, technical coordinators as well as other relevant stakeholders (e.g. beneficiaries, community leaders, local and national government officials, UN agencies and other NGOs), with the objective of ensuring good cooperation and partnerships
- Provide active presence on donor and other partners meetings, representing progress of activities in field offices (planned, implementation, planned changes, achievements, new funding opportunities)
- Coordinate with the senior management team ensuring regular information flows and timely decisions
- Accountable for people management of field staff. This includes hiring & firing, objective setting, probation, performance appraisal, development of staff, managing performance, including poor performance, etc.
- Ensure overall provision of and adherence to organization’s policies, procedures, guidelines, systems and standard practices
- Closely coordinate with the Delegation management team ensuring regular and timely information flow
- Revision/evaluation of monthly activities in coordination with the Operation and Project Managers
- Evaluation of field office employees’ performance (quarterly)
- Provide inputs for adjustment in project activities
- Responsible for monitoring program progress and guaranteeing the quality of the implemented activities
- Leading member of overall program evaluations, assessments, baselines
- Responsible for submission of internal reports to Head of Programs, Country Delegate and Desk Officer and adjustments of program if necessary
- Supervision and approval of MoUs with partners
Admin and finance
- Responsible for monitoring the budget and its implementation. Responsible for informing Country Delegate of issues with an impact on the budget and suggesting measures to be taken
- Preparing the budgets for project proposals (with the support of field and admin staff)
- Consult on level of expenditure of project budget lines and comparison to actual implementation on the ground at global level
- Supervise preparation of financial Quarterly reporting on projects performance and evaluation
Qualifications, skills, and experience:
- Strong commitment to the aims, principles, and values of TDH IT
- Very high sense of discretion and integrity when dealing with sensitive information
- Relevant University Degree (International Relations, Human Rights, Sociology, Middle Eastern Studies, International Cooperation etc.)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing projects abroad
- Perfect acquaintance with main donors (ECHO-UN-EU- Italian Cooperation) procedures
- Sound previous proven experience in management of programs/projects in the fields of Protection and/or Education and/or Child Protection
- Acquaintance with the Middle East context
- Perfect Command of spoken and written English. Working knowledge of Italian is a plus. Very good writing skills. Knowledge of Arabic is a much-appreciated asset
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with diverse stakeholders and to work as part of a team
- Ability to work under stress, strong problem-solving skills
- Sound computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational and reporting skills, precision, rapidity, dependability, and ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and patient when challenged by difficult and frustrating working conditions
- High degree of responsibility, of taking initiatives, of having emotional stability
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment
TDH Italia has a zero-tolerance policy towards SEAH and is not willing to employ any person who has been found guilty of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment. Ethics is part of the annual performance appraisal.
Salary according to experience and TDH IT salary scale. Since the position advertised for is unaccompanied, TDH will not be responsible for providing benefits for the selected candidate’s family members.
Only applications from holders of passports allowing easy entry into the Country will be considered.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested candidates possessing required experience and skills are invited to send an updated CV and a motivation letter including at least two references to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting in the object of the email the reference Leb 06/2022
- Applications that do not meet the above-mentioned requirements will not be considered.
- The deadline for receiving applications is the 3rd of October 2022. Applications received after that date will not be considered.
- We apologize in advance as only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. TDH IT reserves the right to fill the position before the closing date of the published vacancy in case a suitable candidate is identified