Chief of Party – Sud Sudan
Duty Station: Juba (with frequent field missions)
Starting Date: 01.11.2022
Main tasks and responsibilities
• To manage and coordinate the assigned project portfolio (in nutrition, FSL/agribusiness development, market value chain, GBV, protection and M&E sectors).
• Ensure high-quality programming through technical guidance and support that is grounded in the program’s strategic objectives and adheres to expected technical quality and reporting requirements.
• Contributing to the recruitment, inception and training of AVSI’s programme staff.
• Management of the projects staff, promotion of capacity building and co-responsibility within the team.
• To develop and maintain excellent relations with donor, partners and local authorities and with all stakeholders involved.
• To supervise and have the final responsibility for all project activities, and verify the correctness with respect to the project and financial planning and to the time schedule.
• To monitor and evaluate, to check the progress of the project and the evaluation of the most significant experiences.
• To collect and verify the project documentation necessary for the presentation of reports to the donor.
• To elaborate narrative reports as per donor procedures and proactive support for the preparation of financial report.
• To elaborate any other reports as required by local authorities and/or the donor.
• To be responsible for the logistic and administrative procedures for the assigned project portfolio in concert with Operations Manager and Country Representative.
• To represent AVSI in relevant coordination structures (i.e. Clusters and Working groups) and other meetings at Payam/State level.
• To carry-out any other duties and/or responsibilities assigned by the supervisor.
– University degree, preferably in a topic related to project management, international development or social sciences.
– At least 7 years of professional experience in managing projects in humanitarian/cooperation contexts.
Language Proficiency: Fluent in English.
– Good knowledge of Italian language is an asset.
Required skills and experiences
– Proactive, capable at working autonomously and with a sense of urgency when needed.
– Solid leadership and staff management skills, with a record of managing large, diverse teams and contributing to the capacity building to national and international staff.
– Good organizational skills and ability to work autonomously and support (possibly coordinate) multiple projects.
– Strong internal and external coordination and representation skills.
– Strong capacity to work under-pressure.
– Strong facilitation skills.
– Capable of dealing diplomatically and communicating with people from different walks of life.
– Willingness to travel within the country.
– Respect of the mission, vision and values of AVSI.
– Previous experience in working with AVSI is an added value.
– Previous work experience in international cooperation in Africa. Work experience in SSD is an added value.