INTERSOS sta selezionando un/a Communication Officer da inserire nella sua operatività in Moldavia . Durata 3 months mesi. Scadenza candidature 20/10/2022
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Communication Officer
Duty station: Chisinau
Starting date: 01/11/2022
Contract duration: 3 months
Reporting to: Deputy Head of Mission
Supervision of: ///
Dependents: Non-family duty station
General context of the project
The war broke out in Ukraine in February 2022. Since then millions of people have fled to the neighbor countries raising a big concern on how to manage such an immense influx of people. In order to support the refugees, INTERSOS has set up an emergency response operation in Moldova, providing protection services, Psychosocial Support and Primary Health Care services to incoming refugees from Ukraine.
General purpose of the position
The Communications Officer will support the designing of the Mission Media Strategy communication, will be responsible of the Social Media Platforms management, and will lead the production of quality multimedia material
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Monitor the international and national media and social media highlighting any content that may be relevant for the humanitarian response in the country and for INTERSOS’ programs.
- Create and train a Communications Team in the mission staff, including the possibility of identifying additional national communications officers.
- Participate in communication data-collection and reporting as required.
- Support the designing of the Mission Media Strategy communication.
- Manage INTERSOS Mission Social Media Platforms, including developing and publishing posts in adherence with INTERSOS communication guidelines and ensuring its appropriate functioning as a tool for accountability and communication with communities.
- Analyze and reporting traffic on the INTERSOS Social Media Platforms.
Required profile and experience
- Relevant University degree
- Previous journalistic experience (preferential)
- Previous experience with INGOs in communications sector (preferential)
- Previous experience in social media content management (or similar)
- Video/Photo shooting and editing
- Excellent Writing skills
- Proficient use of Social Media (FaceBook and Instagram), WordPress and the Office Suite Programmes.
- Fluent English
- Working knowledge of Romanian and Russian will be considered a plus
- Strong motivation and adherence to the humanitarian principles and the mission of INTERSOS
- Availability to travel on national territory
- Flexibility in working hours, week end / holidays when required by the situation/ context
- Strong attitude for teamwork and collaboration within a complex organization.
- Ability to adapt to unexpected events.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below: https://www.intersos.org/en/work-with-us/field/#intersosorg-vacancies/vacancy-details/6335a0655ec09b0021a7878b/
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS. In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to email@example.com, with subject line: “Platform issue – SR-59-2763-Position”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.