Movimento Lotta alla Fame nel Mondo sta selezionando un/a WASH Expert da inserire nella sua operatività in Ruanda . Durata 24 mesi. Scadenza candidature 04/11/2022
Purpose of the role
The role of the WASH expert is to provide high level technical support to conceptualization, design and implementation of MLFM’s WASH projects with a focus on design and realization of water system and sustainabily of the water sources and sanitation facilities carried out on project’s implementation.
MLFM is an Italian NGO founded in 1964 it is working in Rwanda since 1987 the first construction is the Muhura aqueduct. We work in rural development, education and hygiene projects in countries like Rwanda and Congo. https://www.mlfm.it/
Amazi Meza is a three years’ project funded by AICS is main goal is to provide clean water to the population of Gatsibo District in Rwanda, the activities included the construction of two aqueducts, latrines for schools and two cooperatives.
- Overall responsibility for the expected design, correct implementation and effective monitoring of assigned projects and activities;
- Manage the inventory of materials for WASH activities and makes them available to the Donor upon request;
- Support/Ensure effective collaboration with MEAL Team in monitoring, evaluation and documentation of all activities and processes. Ensuring the analysis of data collected (at various levels) to inform activity changes to improve programme quality;
- Ensure the development and implementation of all activities in line with Common Humanitarian Standards (CHS) and MLFM programme standards and policies;
- Oversee WASH programme with field visits and ensure quality of projects delivery;
- To be engaged strategically with all technical sectors as need and provide management and strategic input/oversight;
- Ensure the compliancy with MLFM and donor procedures (logistic, finance, security);
- Ensure that the procurement, logistic and administration departments are efficiently managed;
- Oversee and provide strategic support to program teams;
- Ensure the necessary visibility of ongoing Wash project’s interventions in national, regional and sectoral clusters as well as on the ground;
- Prepare internal and donors reports and other periodical reports as required.
- Share knowledge and skills related to the WASH sector within the Technical Working Team. Build the local capacity of MLFM national staff in WASH sector focusing to standards and professional methodologies to implement both construction/rehab of complex infrastructure (such as water sources and networks) or community driven sanitation programming;
- Build competencies within target groups in the project areas to enhance the management and technical skills of the local counterpart (governmental and community);
- Support local counterparts and community stakeholders in defining trainings, capacity building, awareness campaigns on sanitation practices;
- Ensure that WASH activities are carried out in compliance with the Logical Framework and related indicators;
- Respond to internal MLFM inquiries regarding the interests of the WASH sector donors and local partners.
Country Ruanda, Kigali with frequent displacements in the project area
Duration 24 months
- University degree in water engineering focused on WASH related field;
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant working experience in similar sector is required;
- Proven knowledge of water engineering and water supply design;
- Excellent knowledge of GPS software (Qgis, ArcGis, Epanet …)
- Experience in liaising with governmental/local authorities and other stakeholders;
- English mandatory (excellent level written and spoken);
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication, negotiation skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills;
- Proven capacity to work in a team;
- Demonstrated ability to work in stressful environments and under pressure.
- Knowledge of the French language
- Previous experiences in central Africa
- Previous experience with AICS or other institutional donors
- Master in wash
Top benefits or perks:
- Flight roundtrip
Contact/application information: Send CV and cover letter at email@example.com
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled, thanks for understanding.