Cesvi Fondazione sta selezionando un/a MHPSS Specialist da inserire nella sua operatività in Tunisia Libia. Durata 6 mesi. Scadenza candidature 15/01/2023
CESVI has been operating in Libya since 2011 as the first Italian NGO to take action, in the aftermath of the Arab Spring, through humanitarian projects in Cyrenaica and Tripolitania. Nowadays CESVI is one of best positioned NGOs in Libya, active in the coordination of various sector working groups – in particular protection – with a diverse donor portfolio, serving all vulnerable target populations.
In detail, CESVI has been implementing programs supporting mixed migrants, IDPs and vulnerable host communities through service provision and support to CSO. This includes centre-based and outreach protection activities (including child protection and GBV), warehouse management, non-food distributions, awareness-raising activities, psychosocial support, referrals to external services, cash assistance and non-formal education, community development and social inclusion at local level.
– UNHCR: Protection and lifesaving assistance to refugees and asylum seekers (Tripoli)
– UNICEF: Psychosocial support and remedial education for children of IDPs and refugees (Tripoli – Misrata and Zwara)
– ECW: Education Cannot wait consortium providing education for children in Libya (Tripoli)
– EU: PEERS II: Protection Enabling Environment and Resilience Services (Misrata)
– EU: Strengthen the capacity of CSOs and informal groups in the South and East of Libya
The collaboration will start in February 2023 (contract signing is contingent on funds being made available from the donor).
The main duty station will be the Country Office in Tunis (Tunisia), with an average 50% of the contract duration in the relevant CESVI field offices in Libya. The field deployments will depend on, vary, and will be adapted to visa imperatives, program needs, and security conditions. Good-faith cooperation from the collaborator in this matter is strongly required and will be vigorously monitored.
In a consortium led by ICU, CESVI has been awarded a component of the project “Al Saha: Improving health services and psychosocial support for children in Libya” funded by AICS, to implement child protection, MHPSS and disability inclusion activities in Kufra and Sebha.
CESVI is therefore seeking an MHPSS Specialist to assist CESVI to set-up these project components, including training of staff and local stakeholders.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
– Guides the implementation of MHPSS programming in the project, with a focus on technical aspects and quality assurance
– In collaboration with the Field Coordinator, ensures that MHPSS project components are implemented according to approved work plan to achieve project deliverables
– Ensures technical oversight and support of the project staff in close coordination with the Field Coordinator and Programme Coordinator, notably to ensure quality control and adequate implementation of the planned tools and frameworks
– Develops MHPSS training curriculum
– Provides capacity building training and supervision to national staff (including Psychologists) and local partners
– Oversees the recruitment of Psychologists at field level
– Provides regular project updates to supervisor as to status, current and emerging issues
– Attends relevant coordination group meetings on behalf of CESVI
– Reviews existing CESVI MHPSS tools and approaches, for recommendations on improvement in close coordination with CESVI protection specialists
– Works closely with the MEAL Specialist to develop monitoring and evaluation tools to measure project indicators that evaluate impact of MHPSS interventions
– Ensuring Safeguarding measures (Adult at risk/Child Safeguarding/PSEA) are implemented within their area of responsibility
– Master’s degree or higher in mental health, social work, counseling or related field with a minimum of 5 years of work experience;
– At least two years of experience implementing MHPSS programming for vulnerable populations, preferably in humanitarian settings
– Demonstrated ability to develop and implement capacity building training of staff on MHPSS, including of Psychologists
– Experience in mental health and psychosocial support interventions for children
– Experience in working with children with disabilities preferred
– Adaptability and able to manage competing demands or change approaches to best fit a situation
– Flexible and able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
– Ability to work in diverse cultural contexts with sensitivity to, and respect of, cultural norms
– Experience in remote management and training
– Self-motivated, able to take initiative, resilient and able to work independently
– Capacity in networking and build effective partnerships with local stakeholders
– High level of IT skills (Office package)
– Fluency in English (written and spoken)
– Able to mentor and provide in person and remote technical support to programme staff
– Experience in working with CSOs and local NGOs
– Knowledge of Arabic
Cesvi has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners.
Cesvi commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process performance.
Cesvi pays particular attention to safeguarding the health of all the human resources of the Organisation. Therefore, in order to protect its staff, an assessment of their suitability for the position in each mission is carried out before departure. Such assessment is done by the Occupational Doctor of the Organisation, who will also examine the vaccination coverage, including the anti-Covid19 vaccination.
Please note: due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.ù