INTERSOS sta selezionando un/a Area HR Coordinator – Middle East da inserire nella sua operatività in Giordania. Durata 18 mesi. Scadenza candidature 12/01/2023
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Area HR Coordinator – Middle East
Duty station: Amman, with regular visits to missions in ME
Starting date: 15/02/2023
Contract duration: 18 months (6 months as probation )
Reporting to: HR Director working in close collaboration with ME Regional Director
Supervision of: technical supervision of HR Coord or HR Manager at mission level
Dependents: Family duty station
General context of the project
INTERSOS is an Italian humanitarian organization on the first line that works all over the world bringing assistance to people in danger victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts.
INTERSOS, with its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively meet the needs of people in crisis, with a particular attention to the vulnerable groups, such as women and children. It provides first aid, food, shelter, medical assistance and basic goods. It ensures that basic needs, as education, clean water and health, are met.
Its work primarily aims at giving an immediate response in humanitarian crises by bringing emergency relief to the victims of armed conflict, drought, famine, and other natural disasters. Furthermore, its core mission focuses on providing primary emergency relief and simultaneously begins to work to promote a return to normal living conditions, the resumption of dialogue and the strengthening of peace, reconstruction and growth.
General purpose of the position
The Area HR Coordinator for the Middle East Region is responsible for the functional/technical supervision of HR management in the Region ((including Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq, Syria and Yemen), promoting a work environment that is respectful of humanitarian principles, inclusivity, accountability, and local culture. Is responsible for the strategic development of the Human Resources in the region.
He/she provides strategic analysis and directions to INTERSOS regional management in order to ensure that in each mission of the area are guaranteed standard structure and policies in line with INTERSOS Strategic Plan and country strategy.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Monitor and support compliance and adherence to HR INTERSOS policies and procedures, through guidance and support to HR referents and Line Managers at country level
- Monitor and support a punctual, professional and sensitive management of expatriates from deployment to final debriefing
- Under the supervision of HR Director implement the HR strategy, system and tools in the region in full synergy with other Area HR Coordinators
- Develop and implement regional HR procedures, SOPs, guidelines and tools
- Ensure that communication at regional level is regular in order to facilitate a participative inter-departmental decision-making process
- Provide overall technical supervision and capacity building to HR Coordinators or HR Managers in the region on HR policies, strategies and management
- Ensure that Missions and Regions do guarantee that duty of Care of National Staff in the region is compliant with Labor Law and INGO practices and INTERSOS strategies
- Provide HR support and staff care in stressful situations or incidents Provide regularly analysis of data and statistics
- Advise members of the regional management and Country management team on workforce planning and organizational development, including scaling of the organizational structures at regional and country level.
- Ensure HR synergies across Regions e.g. recruitments, job rotations, gap fillings, temporary mobility, secondments and HR procedures in collaboration with Regional Management,
- Personnel Development Coordinator and Recruitment Unit
- Supervise technically HR departments at Country level with the objective to promote gender balance, development, nationalization, and expatriation of talented National Staff
- Advise and support Line Managers on people-management and conflict-management
- Share best practices on operative HR matters with within HR department, through regular meetings
- Contribute to development of HR strategy at global level and take part in new HR initiatives or thematic issues, as established by HR Director
- Contribute to annual Country Strategies of all ME missions, in line with HR strategy at global level and at regional level
- Monitor and provide technical supervisions to ensure that the size and structure of the HR Dept at Mission level is aligned with the needs of each mission
- Liaise with Personnel Development Coordinator to ensure the involvement of eligible expatriates and National Staff in the development program
- These responsibilities shall be adapted to the peculiarities of the job location, context, phase of operations and sector of intervention
Required profile and experience
At least Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science/International Relations, Economics, Psychology or similar subjects. Master in HR Management is considered an asset.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in the humanitarian field (at least 2 in HR positions in the field)
- Previous work experience in complex and volatile contexts
- Previous experience in Middle East is an asset
- Professional knowledge in HR (Recruitment, Management, Payroll, labor law etc. etc.)
- Experience with the start-up of the HR department.
- Fluent knowledge of English (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of Italian (preferential)
- Leadership, people management and development, teamwork and cooperation
- Behavioural flexibility
- Communication skills
- Empowering and building trust
- Strategic vision
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.