INTERSOS sta selezionando un/a Grants and Reporting Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Afghanistan . Durata 12 mesi. Scadenza candidature 27/12/2022
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Grants and Reporting Manager
Duty station: Kabul with frequent visits to field locations
Starting date: 01/01/2023
Contract duration: 12 months
Reporting to: Programme Coordinator
Supervision of: Grants Officer
Dependents: Non-family duty station
General context of the project
Over 40 years of conflicts and political turmoil have taken a massive cumulative toll on the people of Afghanistan. A total of 18.4 million people, almost half of the total population, have been estimated by the UN to need humanitarian assistance prior to recent events. Severe droughts are recurring in Afghanistan, currently resulting in nearly 14 million people in acute food insecurity, with over 3 million children facing severe malnourishment. The recent displacement of 550,000 people is adding to an estimated 2.9 million people who remain internally displaced and in need of humanitarian assistance, while winter months are around the corner.
INTERSOS has been working in Afghanistan since 2001, with a country office in Kabul, and field bases in Kandahar and Zabul provinces. In recent years INTERSOS has been focusing its assistance based on integrated community-based approach that includes primary health care (including sexual and reproductive health care), nutrition and protection programmes serving conflict-affected populations, particularly in hard-to-reach areas, with a special focus on socially excluded individuals, including women, children and persons living with disabilities.
With its operational approach and active engagement with the communities, INTERSOS has been enjoying strong community acceptance and operational access. All INTERSOS activities continue to be implemented in Afghanistan at present time, with no operational restrictions and with full inclusion of female staff.
It is widely anticipated that Afghanistan’s humanitarian situation may deteriorate further, given that the international support to key essential and social services – food aid, health, education, and other essential services, is currently frozen. Although humanitarian aid can not replace this gap, the international assistance that prioritises urgent humanitarian needs will be essential.
At the same time, unless the operational environment with all its impediments (including in relation to banking/cash transfers and counter-terrorism measures) does not improve, the response will continue to be a challenge.
Recognising that the humanitarian situation in Afghanistan will require a more intensified international humanitarian assistance, INTERSOS remains in Afghanistan to deliver its ongoing activities, and potentially scale up its response.
General purpose of the position
The Grants and Reporting Manager, in coordination with the Country Programme Coordinator, Project and Program Managers and Technical Coordinators, will ensure timely support for design and development of new project proposal, reporting in adherence to donor’s guidelines, ensuring these are in line with INTERSOS’ program goals, objectives and indicators.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Conduct periodical reviews of all projects related documentation, ensuring correct storage, and archiving on INTERSOS Drive and INTERSOS Management Platform (IMP).
- Conduct compliance spot checks on ongoing projects and partners when included in programs (e.g. local partners)
- Flag significant deviation from the program implementation plan and estimated expenditures; alert relevant staff.
- Develop and implement a consistent filing structure and ensure that the project folders are complete and arranged
- Support in data management, analysis and visualization of program outputs for monitoring and reporting purposes
- In coordination with the Programme Managers, prepare and conduct project kick-off meetings.
Project reporting and development
- Ensure the compilation, review and submission of timely, compliant and consistent reporting as per INTERSOS and Donors’ requirements.
- In coordination with the Country Programme Coordinator, Programme Managers and Technical Coordinators, lead the design and development of new project proposals, ensuring these are in line with INTERSOS’ program goals, objectives and indicators and according to donors’ template and procedures.
- Be accountable for the initial drafting of the narrative and budget design of any new project proposals.
- Support the Senior Management Team on the review of new calls and on the Go/No Go process.
- Ensure that programs’ design matches INTERSOS and donor technical minimum standards and seek MEAL Department guidance and tools.
- Support the Country Program Coordinator on the drafting/update of the donor mapping and donor’s strategies.
- Support in the implementation of field assessments, studies and research as necessary
Coordination with HQ Grants Unit
- Ensure active coordination and consultation with HQ Grants Unit
Required profile and experience
Holds in a degree in relevant studies, or has relevant work experience in grants departments in the Humanitarian sector
- At least three (3) years of relevant professional work experience in humanitarian context
- Demonstrated experience with grant management of institutional and UN donors (BHA and ECHO among others) and understanding of Donors’ requirements and compliance
- Solid proposal writing knowledge
- Team worker
- Technical knowledge in project management and grants
- Strong report writing skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
Fluency in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Respectful and non-discriminatory attitude
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Diplomatic with stakeholders
- Adaptable to restricted living conditions
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.