INTERSOS sta selezionando un/a Head of Base/Programme Manager da inserire nella sua operatività in Libano . Durata 12 mesi. Scadenza candidature 27/12/2022
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Head of Base/Programme Manager
Duty station: Tyre, South Lebanon
Starting date: 02/01/2023
Contract duration: 12 months
Reporting to: Head of Mission (Base Management) and Programme Coordinator (Project Management)
Supervision of: Base support team heads of departments (HR, Logs + Warehouse, Finance, MEAL) and program leads (2 Deputy PM, 1 Deputy Shelter Manager, 1 Protection Manager)
Dependents: Accompanied duty station
General context of the project
INTERSOS is an Italian non-profit, humanitarian aid organization founded in 1992. INTERSOS works towards a world of equality, justice, peace and solidarity, to achieve this INTERSOS helps people to live in dignity and safety, alleviating suffering and meeting their needs. The mission of INTERSOS is to support people, families and communities in areas most affected by crises around the world, providing crucial assistance to populations in life threatening situations, in situations of famine and suffering resulting from extreme poverty, disasters, and conflict. INTERSOS started to work in Lebanon in 2006 to support the Lebanese people affected by the Lebanese-Israeli war. Since 2013 INTERSOS has been supporting the vulnerable populations in Lebanon affected by the Syrian conflict, including both Syrian refugees and affected Lebanese people.
The South base currently has 3 projects – an integrated protection and shelter project, funded by UNHCR, that aims at promoting a favourable protection environment and shelter living conditions for Syrian refugees in South Lebanon via the promotion of comprehensive case management and PSS services for Persons of Concern (POCs) including Persons with Specific Needs (PwSNs), vulnerable children and women at risk (CP & GBV).The second project, funded by ECHO focuses on GBV prevention and response and support to PwSN for Syrian and Lebanese communities. The third project, funded by BPRM, with a holistic protection response on Covid-19 and socio-economic crisis increased threats for Syrian and Lebanese communities.
General purpose of the position
The position includes two main components: the program management of INTERSOS portfolio in the South, and the global supervision of region & Tyre base and its daily functioning. This entails the project management of the different projects acquired at base level with the overall regional coordination supported by the dedicated project teams assigned for the management of the project (Deputy Project Manager) and supported by the functional roles in charge of the base programs technical supervision (Protection Manager, Deputy Shelter manager, etc.).
In project management, the Program Manager is responsible for the overall management, economic and financial administration of the projects and overall supervision of the implementation process, ensuring the achievement of its objectives and results.
As Head of Base, he/she is responsible for the whole coordination and supervision of the support functions (admin/finance, Logistic and procurement, human resources, MEAL and security) in coordination with relevant departments.
As part of the mission Senior Management Team (SMT), s/he will be in charge of identifying partnerships, funding opportunities, arising needs to contribute to project design and proposal writing and base strategic development.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Ensures an effective planning, implementation as well as monitoring and evaluation of the overall programs at base level, including the different projects’ timely delivery services according to targets set in the project description.
- Guarantees an efficient financial management for the projects, in compliance with INTERSOS model and donor regulations
- Conducts regular meetings with program and support (as needed) staff to follow up on project implementation including revision of targets against achievements, identification of gaps in the response in order to define needed adjustments in the implementation
Team Management & Human Resources Management
- Ensures project teams management and coordination (in particular coordination between the different projects ongoing in the area of intervention).
- Ensures regular performance appraisal of supervised staff in line with internal regulations.
- Ensures timely recruitment of national staff, in coordination with relevant support staff, as per INTERSOS policy for staff recruitment.
- Ensures respect of and adherence to INTERSOS rules and regulations, code of conduct and ethical values chart.
- Ensures and proposes capacity-building opportunities for national staff, keeping clear oversight and reporting on training attended and conducted by national staff.
Financial Management and procurement
- Prepares and ensures regular update of financial and procurement plan(s),
- Verifies and approves purchase, in line with the budget and the financial and procurement plan.
- Verifies on a weekly basis the bookkeeping entries in the INTERSOS accounting spreadsheets (PN): verifying budget line allocations, budget expenditure status against actual delivery and the financial plan for the project implementation period.
- Ensures purchases of goods, services, supplies are in line with the relevant INTERSOS procurement guidelines and procurement plans
- Verifies the list of expenditures, prior to finalizing the interim and final financial reports.
- Holds final responsibility for verification of all support documents.
Monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Delivers timely quality reporting on project activities (as per donor and INTERSOS guidelines), including findings in terms of impact on individuals and communities.
- Provides monthly updates to the Program coordinator about project progress including achievements vs targets using the monitoring tool developed by INTERSOS (PAT)
- In coordination with the coordination team and MEAL department, contributes to the preparation of the Monitoring and Evaluation plans
Project and Area Strategy, reporting and planning
- Contributes to the formulation of new projects as well as of the program strategy for the respective area of intervention
- Ensures a comprehensive vision of the intervention in the South strengthening the complementary of different projects implemented in the area.
- Collaborates with the other PMs in order to integrate the different interventions in the same medium/long-term strategy.
Coordination and representation
- Establishes and manages relations pertaining to project activities, with relevant stakeholders, local authorities, relevant donors and institutions.
- Ensures INTERSOS representation through participation to relevant IA coordination forum in the South
- Proactively participates and represents INTERSOS in relevant working groups (i.e. inter-agency and other relevant working groups) at the regional level (South).
- Proactively engages in bi-lateral meetings with other INGOs and NGOs active in relevant sectors and geographical areas to avoid duplication, ensure coordination and referral and work for complementary efforts.
- Ensures systematic information and update sharing with the Programme Coordinator and relevant colleagues.
- Ensures coordination of support functions (i.e., administration, logistics, security, HR) at Base level.
- Ensures the good integration between the different departments in the base (programs/support) with regular base management meetings and follow-up of the action plans that may be set.
- Ensures follow up on security related matters at the Base level in the South for all projects and staff (as per INTERSOS Lebanon security framework and tools) in coordination with the Liaison officer and the Head of Mission
- Ensures support to the international missions deployed in the South area from HQ and other missions, including accommodation, logistic support and security advice.
- Acts as responsible for the office and other official INTERSOS premises including follow up on the security location, maintenance, finalization of the contract.
- Collaborates with the other HoBs in order to integrate the operational frameworks in the same medium/long-term strategy.
- Ensures regular update of the Comprehensive Planning Process (CPP) as requested by the Head of Mission.
- Contributes to the operationalization of risk prevention and mitigation measures set in the CPP as per agreed tools and procedures.
Required profile and experience
University Degree in Business management, Social Work, Gender Studies, Law or related field. Master degree is a plus.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant work experience with at least 3 years in managerial role.
- Minimum 4 years of experience working in the humanitarian field.
- Knowledge of humanitarian and NGO principles.
- Experience in the management of humanitarian programmes in refugees’ response through integrated programming responses.
- Knowledge of Protection issues and experience in implementing protection programming is highly preferred.
- Understanding and commitment to GBV, Child Protection and Protection principles.
- Experience of working in a multicultural team environment.
- Experience of working in security challenging environments and in security / access management.
- Very good knowledge of the project management cycle and experience in management.
- Good financial and budgeting understanding.
- MS proficiency (Microsoft Word, Excel, outlook…).
- Previous experience working with UNHCR or similar UN donors is a plus.
- Valid Driving License.
Fluency in English. Arabic is considered an added value.
- High level of planning and organizing; ability to manage multiple activities and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Very good Interpersonal and Diplomatic Skills, and ability to negotiate on complex issues.
- High level of flexibility & adaptability
- Problem solving and decision making
- Strategic vision
- Leadership: developing and motivating staffs
- Driving and achieving results
- Humanitarian motivation and commitment to INTERSOS values
- Respect of Intersos policies and procedures
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.