INTERSOS sta selezionando un/a Software Developer for Accounting System – Remote working da inserire nella sua operatività in Italia . Durata 6 mesi. Scadenza candidature 22/12/2022
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Software Developer for Accounting System
Duty station: Remote based with the possibility to travel to Rome.
Starting date: 01/01/2023
Contract duration: 6 months
Reporting to: ICT Coordinator
Supervision of: N/A
Dependents: Family duty station
General context of the project
INTERSOS has decided to improve the current implementation of the software for the accounting system, so it is looking for an expert to support it in this activity.
The current accounting system has a custom client-server architecture and consists of an instance for each country in which INTERSOS operates (peripheral system installed on the user PC) and an aggregate and consolidated instance (central system installed on a dedicated server).
The accounting system implemented in each country is autonomous and periodically shares the databases with the central system. The central system can in turn send the modified databases back to the peripheral systems. The communication between the peripheral and central systems is therefore asynchronous.
The accounting system is based on project-based and multi-currency accounting based on a single chart of accounts. The entries and exits are entered manually by the operators and it is possible to use excel files to import them massively.
This accounting system has been developed over the years on the specific requests of INTERSOS.
The main features are the following:
- Personnel registry
- Payslip for National Staff
- Data of suppliers
- Projects and Budgets database
- Various reporting in Excel which is distributed for management control
General purpose of the position
The position is aimed to support INTERSOS in taking over the accounting system software which is currently developed and maintained by a third party.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Development of new user features required by the Accounting and Finance department and HR departement
- Remote software accounting system installation
- resolution of problems relating to current operations
- Support in the virtualization of the current infrastructure
- Creation of interfaces for data import/export using CSV files
Required profile and experience
- 1 Year in the INGO Accounting System
- 3 years in SQL / Visual Basic development
- General knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2016
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows SQL 2019
- In-depth knowledge of SQL
- In-depth Knowledge of Visual Studio and Visual Basic XXX
- Knowledge of how accounting software works
- Ability to transform the functional needs of users into related functionalities to be developed
- Knowledge of the NGO context will also be positively valued
- Predisposition to work in a Team (with the ICT unit and the Finance department)
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.