WeWorld-GVC sta selezionando un/a Country Representative da inserire nella sua operatività in Tunisia e Libia . Durata 3+9 mesi. Scadenza candidature 16/11/2022
Position: Country Representative Tunisia & Libya
Reporting Relationship: Head of Regional Unit
Location: Tunis with potential movements in Libya & Tunisia
Type of contract: a first 3 (three) month collaboration contract subject to verification of the achievement of specific objectives (these objectives will be agreed together with the Line Manager upon arrival on assignment); a second collaboration contract of 9 (nine) months renewable, following the positive evaluation of the first three months of contract
Starting date: ASAP
Gross Salary: to be defined according to the candidate’s profile
WeWorld-GVC in Tunisia
WeWorld-GVC has been operating in Tunisia since 2012 through the implementation of the following intervention sectors:
- Socio-economic and rural development
- Human rights
- Good local governance and community driven development
- Prevention of violent extremism (PVE)
- Mainstreaming sectors: Strengthening civil society & Gender equity
In Tunisia, WeWorld-GVC has a main office in Tunis and a field office in Sidi Bouzid.
The main donors are the Italian Interior Ministry, the Italian Cooperation AICS, Italian provinces.
Tunisia Local team: 5, Tunisia Expat team: 1 dedicated to Tunisia & 4 expatriates working for both Tunisia & Libya missions.
WeWorld-GVC in Libya
WeWorld-GVC has been operating in Libya since 2018 through the implementation of the following intervention sectors:
- Humanitarian Aid for host, displaced, migrant and refugee populations through projects promoting access to water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), primary health, etc.
- Capacity building of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs)
- Promoting respect for Human Rights, in connection with the field of humanitarian protection
In Libya, WeWorld-GVC has its main office in Tripoli and a field office in Sebha (Fezzan region).
The main donors are AICS and the EU Trust fund for Africa.
Libya National team: 9 staff, Libya team in Tunis office: 1 dedicated to Tunisia & 4 expatriates working for both Tunisia & Libya missions.
Purpose of the Role
The Country Representative directs organizational programmes at the country level ensuring quality of the activities, from development through execution, included budget management and Human Resources Management (International and National Staff). Identifies programming opportunities and areas where the organization can demonstrate its value and relevance. The Country Representative develops relations with and represents the organization to donors, local and national governments, organizational partners, to maintain positive organizational profile, and is also responsible for the security management in the country.
Main functions and duties
Programme Management and Development
- Lead and supervise the development, implementation and delivery of country strategy and programs
- Responsible for in-country fundraising with institutional and private donors
- Oversee the logistic sustainability of programs and operations
Country Office Financial, Budget and Administration Management
- Responsible for financial feasibility of the country programme
- Responsible of the financial viability of the Country Office
- Overall responsibility for in-country budget and financial management
Representation and advocacy
- Represent WeWorld-GVC in meetings and coordination platforms. Build relationships and develops networks
- Initiate and engage in collaboration and consultation with local and central authorities, INGOs, national NGOs and local communities
Human Resources Management
- Responsible for the oversight and management of all WeWorld-GVC staff (international, national and volunteers) in Libia and Tunisia
- Identify and plan Human Resources needs (International and National) and participate to the recruitment process to guarantee the necessary workforce
- Ensure an inclusive and diverse work environment and staff compliance to all organizational Policies and Procedures
- Monitor the security context of the country to manage and mitigate security risks.
- Regularly update and implement WeWorld-GVC’s security procedures and plans in coordination with HQ
Qualifications and Knowledge
- An advanced university degree or equivalent in the field of Social or Political Science, Development Studies, International relations, Project Management, Human rights
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Fluent in French both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of English
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant working experience in related fields
- Working experience with international NGOs in management of international cooperation projects funded by institutional, private donors and sponsorship programs
- Proven experience in Project Cycle Management
- Sound project development and proposal writing experience
- Experience in Security Management
Skills and Abilities
- Strong flexibility and capacity to adapt behavior to the needs of the situation
- Capacity to work autonomously and in problems prevention/resolution
- Proven organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks while fostering quality, team spirit and positive working relationships with colleagues
- Ability to identify, initiate and maintain good relationships with partner organizations, donors and national authorities including building professional relationships with senior decision-makers and influencers/leaders
- Good communication, negotiation skills and sensitivity in dealing with local institutions on critical issues
- Cultural, gender, religion, and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Strong commitment to the Mission of WeWorld-GVC, genuine interest for international cooperation development topics
- Knowledge of Arabic and/or Italian would be considered an asset
- Previous working experiences in Libya and/or Tunisia
How to apply:
Please send Cover Letter and CV at: https://weworld.intervieweb.it/jobs/country-representative-tunisia-libya-303079/it/
The recruitment process may be closed early if a suitable candidate is found.
WeWorld-GVC, recently constituted from the merger of two NGOs, is an Italian secular and independent organization working since 1971 in international cooperation and humanitarian aid. Present in 29 countries with 128 projects, WeWorld-GVC operates in the following areas of assistance: human rights (gender equality, prevention and combating violence against children and women, migration), humanitarian aid (prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation), food security, access to water, health and hygiene, education, global citizenship education, quality teaching and international volunteering. WeWorld-GVC works mostly with girls, boys, women and youth, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world. Supports people overcoming emergencies and guarantees a life with dignity, opportunities and a better future through human and economic development programs, in the framework of the 2030 Agenda. Joining the WeWorld-GVC team means being part of the development of a dynamic organisation where the contribution of each staff member is promoted and valued, working together towards the collective achievement of shared goals and vision. At present, the main donors are Italy (AICS), the EU (DG ECHO), UNICEF, OCHA, and Belgium (DGD).