Fondazione L’Albero della Vita onlus sta selezionando un/a Child participation expert da inserire nella sua operatività in Italia . Durata 12 mesi. Scadenza candidature 10/01/2023
Fondazione L’Albero Della Vita (FADV) is an international development organization with the headquarter in Milan. Since 2006, FADV is operating with the primary objective of promoting and protecting children rights along with improving the quality of living conditions of the marginalized people, with special focus on children and women.
Overall purpose of the role:
The child participation expert is in charge of promoting children participation through the action; the person manages the participation activities for FADV in Naples (Municipalità 6) and coordinates the Youth Participation Leaders group. She/he co-design the project participation pilot in Naples with youth involved and the project steering committee.
She/he has a sound experience in designing and implementing children and youth participation methodologies, as well as an extensive knowledge of child rights international and European framework and standard. S/he will be coordinating with schools, with the local authorities, the European expert partner and the project steering group. Finally, she/he contributes to FADV child participation strategy development.
The project DAY Democratic Activation of Youth is co-financed by the European commission, CERV program; it focuses on youth participation in the democratic process at local level. It is implemented in Naples with some actions at national and European level. The project involves schools, local authorities and the Municipality of Naples to pilot and systematize an effective youth participation mechanism.
Duty station: Naples, flexibility to travel in Italy and Europe.
Starting date: 01/02/2023
Type of contract: short term contract
Main responsibilities and duties:
- Drive the information and awareness sessions on child rights and child participation in schools
- Engage and involve secondary schools in the project
- Participate to the set-up of the Local Youth Advisory Board
- Coordinate the planning and execution of one Local Youth Advisory Board pilot group in Naples
- Coordinate and support the training materials and the capacity building of the Youth Participation Leaders
- Is in charge of the local scale up of the model for FADV in Naples
- Facilitate the connection with other European youth participation practices
- Support the project coordinator in the pilot evaluation
- Cooperate with FADV HQ to strengthen the network with education sectors in Naples
Education & training: Master’s degree or equivalent in Humanities or Education.
- A minimum of three years of work experience in child rights, child participation field
- A minimum of two year of work experience in the no profit sector
- Experience in working with diverse groups of young people in education settings
- Experience in developing and designing activities and materials for children and young people
Skills & knowledge:
- Strong facilitation skills with good knowledge of a range of inclusive facilitation techniques appropriate for working with youth people
- Commitment to supporting children to use their voices to make change
- Knowledge and understanding of applying youth participation best practice and safeguarding requirement
- Knowledge of the local administrative and political context
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and an ability to tailor written and verbal communications to a wide range of different audiences including young people
- Fluent English, written and oral;
- Cultural and gender sensitivity.
The resource has to adhere to Fondazione L’Albero della Vita’s child safeguarding policy.